Vertical blinds made in China and badly fitted

cellardoor

Aug 24, 2009
Hi,

Sorry to jump straight in with a question but I'm really not sure where we stand and am hoping one of you kind people can advise.

My father recently purchased and had fitted some vertical blinds. On inspection he found they're not spaced out correctly ie. 2 near the end almost completely overlap and so do not fit the window properly. When he got the company back out to look at it they said there was nothing they could do because it all comes from China and if they sent it back they'd only get another one the same. When he called the head office and took the complaint up with them they said exactly the same and said there was nothing they could do as it all comes from China. When he said he wasn't happy in that case and wanted them to take it back and wanted a refund they said he couldn't. Are they correct in telling him this? Do note he's had blinds before from this company which didn't have this problem which they've told him is because they were made in their UK factory and not China. I just don't know how they can offer that up as a plausible excuse. It's not been manufactured correctly, and that is surely there problem, not something for the customer to make do with.

Your advice is appreciated as we really don't know about our rights.

Cheers,
Rob