buying online refund rights

cateire

Sep 3, 2009
hi

i bought and payed for what i thought was an hawaiian shirt from a fancy dress shop online on the 28/8/09 and received the item on the 2/9/09 when i open it was not a shirt but material that is made to look like a shirt, something that you just pull over your head. when i contact the shop by email that evening, explaining that i want to return the item as i didnt realise that it wasnt an actual shirt. below is the email that i received back today 3/9/09

(Hi, you can bring it to the shop or post the item out for a credit note.
Regards
Clark
Returns - Our Guarantee

We are happy to accept returns with the following conditions:

* We must be notified by email or by telephone that you will be returning an
item within 7 days of receipt.
* Items must be returned in the original condition as they were sent.
* We offer exchange or credit note provided goods are returned within 7
days, unused and with all packaging. There must be proof of purchase.)

i thought that i would be entitled to my money back on this as i feel the item was not as descriped. any advise woulod be grateful

cateire

Sep 3, 2009
hi thanks for the advise, i emaiedl the shop last night and this is the email that i received today

Hi , as stated on our web site
* We offer exchange or credit note provided goods are returned within 7
days, unused and with all packaging. There must be proof of purchase.
you have every right to check our returns policy with citizens advice.
Regards
Clark

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: Enquiry from Elliotts Fancy Dress Belfast

Hi
I emailed you to let you know that I would be returning the item that I received from you as it was not an Hawaiian shirt but material made to look like a shirt, you have emailed be back to say that I can return the item and I will get a credit note, but I believe that I am entitled to a full refund, not a credit note, under the Distance Selling Regulations.

thanks Cathy