Dress bought on Styleshake.com

Craig Vincent

Oct 16, 2009
Recently my other half bought a new dress on styleshake.com.

When the dress arrived she did not like the way it looked and also did not like the fact it did not seem to be made in the material she asked for and was mentioned on the delivery not, being silk (which I believe to be a smooth material, where as with the material used for the dress you can see intertwinings).

When emailled the company has refused to allow the item to be sent back for a refund.

Also it should be noted that the company does not have a phone number to contact them on and that issues must be sorted via email. We have requested for a number to contact them on to talk over the matter but have yet been sent a reply.

Any advice?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
You might want to remind them about this clause in their own terms, I am assuming that you tried to cancel within 7 days of delivery:

5.5 Unless a Garment does not conform with the warranty set out in Clause 5.1 above, we will not provide any refunds to you under any circumstances (save as provided in these Terms). The statutory seven (7) day “cooling off” period applicable in respect of many products/goods that are available for purchase on the Internet (by virtue of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and related/ancillary legislation) does not apply in respect of any of our Garments that are custom-made and/or manufactured according to your own personal specifications (or otherwise clearly personalised for you or at your request). However, you are able to return each such Garment to us, once only within 14 days, for that Garment to be altered in line with your personal requirements. We will not charge you for this one-off alteration service that we provide.

metropolis1

Jul 28, 2010
Hello, in response to your comments...here at StyleShake, we do mention in the fabric gallery that the fabric is of a "crisp non-drape quality with a slight sheen".

As our dresses are made to order, it is the customer's responsibility to learn more about the fabric prior to placing an order. We also offer a free swatches service, so that customers can view and test qualities prior to ordering. We hope this helps.

The StyleShake Team x

Katsoup

Sep 20, 2010
I bought a bridesmaids dress from this site. It was delivered a week late, and came only a couple of days before the wedding. I paid extra for the made to measure service, but when the dress came it was huge and the measurements were a couple of inches out from what I had given. I had no time to send it back to Style Shake for alterations and had no option other than to pay out for alterations to be done somewhere else. When I contacted Style Shake and sent them photos of how much the dress had to be pinned in order for it to fit, they did not even offer to refund the extra they charged for the made to measure service. There's no phone number on the site, so no other way to contact them other than email, and their emails are only signed off 'Style Shake Team' so you have no idea who you are in contact with.

I would not trust these people with anything as important as a wedding or bridesmaids dress.

Pat Peedell

Oct 15, 2010
Have just received a dress that my grandaughter was so excited about that she had designed for her 13th birthday party and which her grandad and I paid for her as a gift. I am disgusted with it and am dreading her coming home from school today to see her little face when she sees it. I could honestly have bought better from Asda for about £15.00!!!
She had some idea that it was coming from America and was expecting it to arrive in a box lined with tissue paper etc. as you see in the movies. It came in a Royal Mail plastic bag from some back street in London. Now I know why you can't get a phone number off of their web-site. I wonder where we stand with a refund?

LeedsLass

Feb 24, 2011
Have just received a dress that my grandaughter was so excited about that she had designed for her 13th birthday party and which her grandad and I paid for her as a gift. I am disgusted with it and am dreading her coming home from school today to see her little face when she sees it. I could honestly have bought better from Asda for about £15.00!!!
She had some idea that it was coming from America and was expecting it to arrive in a box lined with tissue paper etc. as you see in the movies. It came in a Royal Mail plastic bag from some back street in London. Now I know why you can't get a phone number off of their web-site. I wonder where we stand with a refund?
I also purchased some dresses from this site - I certainly would not recommend them. The bridesmaid dresses did not arrive in time for the wedding - one still has not arrived. Although they have agreed to refund the dresses, I am still out of pocket as I had to purchase some more dresses the evening before the wedding.

I intend to take this further - they have provided a telephone number therefore if anyone does require one, let me know.

littlegirloud

Mar 30, 2011
hi there,

i'm having a bit of trouble with getting a refund from them - could you send me their phone number? email is littlegirloud at gmail dot com - thanks!

littlegirloud

Mar 30, 2011
I also purchased some dresses from this site - I certainly would not recommend them. The bridesmaid dresses did not arrive in time for the wedding - one still has not arrived. Although they have agreed to refund the dresses, I am still out of pocket as I had to purchase some more dresses the evening before the wedding.

I intend to take this further - they have provided a telephone number therefore if anyone does require one, let me know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi there,

i'm having a bit of trouble with getting a refund from them - could you send me their phone number? email is littlegirloud at gmail dot com - thanks!

Rach27

May 23, 2011
My sister ordered her bridesmaid dresses from a site called Bridesmaid Creations, which is linked to this site. When they arrived, they were badly made, did not fit (despite us sending measurements) and the material was faulty. I have been trying to get a response from them since April but have not had any reply to any of my emails or letters. We have now had to buy dresses from a high street store, costing us almost the same amount of money again.
I am furious and now it has become a matter of principal that I report this company to the relevant authorities to stop other people being ripped off in the same way. The main problem seems to be that if you can't get in touch with the company, how can you let them know that you want alterations or that you are not happy?
I would warn everybody off this site, it is a con and they are taking advantage of people who just want the perfect bridesmaid dresses to top off their perfect day.
I am now looking into taking legal action.

Rach27

May 23, 2011
They have a Facebook page. If you 'Like' them, you can then write on their wall. That's what I just did today and sure enough, I received a fairly swift response and am now receiving a full refund. I would recommend everyone who has a complaint to contact them this way as your comments cannot get lost in the system, they're there for everyone to see. Don't back down, they will give in eventually! I've been on at them for over a month and have finally got it resolved. Go for it! Good luck!

ladymowen

Jul 15, 2011
Hello Please please send me the number. I am one of three bridesmaids waiting for the remaining dress. The wedding is on Saturday! I only have tomorrow and Saturday morning to receive it after major errors in the original dress required alterations. Please let me know what you need in order to send me the number? This is my first time on a site like this.....

Thank you in advance.