2nd hand car problems with the trader as to his responsibility

hydeee

Jul 20, 2014
11am day of my holiday (96 mile trip there & 96 miles on return)
- took car to a garage. Prognosis being 2 illegal rear tyre & 2 badly worn & unsafe front tyres.
Called the company eagle motors - apparently the are'nt trading anymore theyve sold the business on! they told me to drive the car to their garage advised malik the outcome as per tyre pros he fully knowing the car was not roadworthy insisted on me driving all the way to the main place in Luton Beds. After thoughts of the risk to both my small child & I, I declined the offer to drive the unroadworthy car. I was given price for 4 new tyres, I told malik the price & he said call my manager 'sayid' I called & he told me no I wont pay for tyres or collect car nor reimburse me - despite the facts then said the company is no longer trading not his responsibility & has now sold the business.
Ive checked with companies house they are still trading under the same name eagle motors luton ltd
despite the change of name their email address is still eagle motors the website is identical (all but the name) name is now 'Haadi
18th July the turbo went ka-put! on way home the garage wouldnt recover the car so I had to under protest pay £174. Still now the car is on my driveway!! have had to hire a car £359.00 inc 200 as deposit

Please I'd appreciate your help on this.... as no idea what I can / cant do about this legally.

juls101

Jul 21, 2014
Hi In short you will have to take this company to court recover costs and also attest to the court that they are still trading it will cost you £150.00 but you can recover that against costs if you win. However before you do that write to the company and demand that the car be put right or you want a full refund and give them a timeframe say 7 days from date of the letter stating that if you have no reply then you are informing trading standards. Make clear in the letter your demands. Yet in my opinion a quick call to trading standards would not hurt you but it would hurt the garage owners pocket if caught out number is on internet

hydeee

Jul 20, 2014
Hi All

I was sold a dodgy car initially then refused a refund given a 2nd car this blew up n the M1 then I was lent a cat D write off by this bent garage in Luton Beds who have had 4 names since I've known of them. They have over 16 BAD reviews on Yell.com & the company are still selling cars and and endangering peoples lives, taking peoples cash & not giving it back, selling faulty cars, by passing the faults & selling them. I know this is illegal & the company have been fined for mileage clocking & currently undergoing a trading standards investigation.

I am currently pursuing a section 75 claim under my creditcard with Barclaycard.
I have sent copies of everything to them, diary notes documents etc.
Its proving to be a nightmare! They've told me 3 wrong pieces of information & compansated small cash amounts to my credit card! Not impressed! Also they are looking to find any little bit of whatever they can to delay / compensate me.

I am owed £6.200 in total since the original £3,600 because I've paid for so many things on top of the cars & still fighting for my money. I contacted the F.O.S (ombudsmen) to find they have a 4week backlog. I am so tired of all this undeserving mess, but I will not be defeated!! Does anyone have any advice to help me to stay strong through this tough battlefield. I'd be most appreciative if you do have...
Thank you (in advance) ( =
Hydeee x