5G nightmare

sheila@shores

Jan 22, 2014
I have found this forum on Google while looking for reviews into this Company. They are coming to see me next week to quote for a new telephone system. I pointed out during the telephone conversation that they will be quoting only & that I'm not authorised to sign contracts & my boss would be unavailable to see, the man did try to insist on my boss being present, I told them this wasn't possible. Upon reading this thread I have emailed them to re-iterate this, they now have in writing they will not be leaving with a contract, I wonder if they will cancel the appointment as they won't be getting any signatures.

Robert1981

Oct 24, 2014
Hello All

I saw your posts on here regarding 5G Communications and am in a similar boat.
I bought a business with other family members and the telephone systems were handled by 5G, I was approached by another company who said they could make me savings, when I tried to cancel with 5G they sent an 'engineer' round who didn’t leave until I signed a new 7 year deal for a system I didn't need which is costing me more.

I had never dealt with anything like this before and certainly learnt my lesson, I am 3 years into the contract but still feel aggrieved that I am paying for something I didn't need and they lied about what the system could do.

I was wondering if any of you managed to get out of this contract and return the system and if you could point me in the right direction it woudl be appreciated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Robert

keith@colourplu

Jan 4, 2016
I have fallen foul of their 36 month 'contract' - I am switching to bt and can recover a % of the termination cost but would have to find £400+ myself... They had my business for 10 yrs and always were good technically/solving probs..but sneaked in 36 months without me fully realising the implications.. always used to be 12 month rolling. With 24mnths to run they want £166 for calls (which I won't be making) £121 for line rental (which I will be transferring and paying for to BT) £605 for broadband (that I won't be using) £36 for other unspecified charges and £100 for admin. Total £1030.05. I need some help! :)

Jan 27, 2016
Thank you for your valued feedback Keith.

All feedback is greatly received as it helps us to improve our services and develop as a business to suit our customer’s needs.

It was a pleasure to speak with you earlier today, and we were sorry to hear that the transition to your new provider did not go as smoothly as they had promised. I am truly glad that we have been able to help and that you have decided to come back to 5G Communications.

If there is anything else we can assist with, or you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact the New Customer Delight team at 5G Communications; 01494833295

MrM

Oct 28, 2021
Thanks for the information regarding this company.
I applied through an agency for IT support work with them. I'm hugely customer focused and will not take a role with a company that doesn't know how to treat its customers and staff.
The information here was hugely helpful, together with employee reviews featured on glassdoor.
I discovered that they previously traded as Universal Telecom Limited until 2011 and I found an ofcom investigation into them regarding the practices you talk about from 2005
According to companies House, there are still 2 directors active that were active during the investigation in 2005.

Sadly, with your reports showing the same issues in 2016, it looks like their rebranding and an ofcom investigation didn't help.

Needless to say, I sent an email to the recruitment agency to withdraw my application.

Companies should not treat people like this and I certainly will not be part of one that appears to.