Advice needed please, asap

jampot

Mar 23, 2013
I'm new here so not quite sure if I'm putting this in the right place, so here goes anyway....
I ordered a peice of furniture on line on wednesday, I sent the company three seperate e-mails exxplaining to them that when my invoice came through by email it showed that one item was ordered but it stated that there was two checkout payments. Because I was worried I contacted the credit card company and they tell me that only one payment has been sent, what a relief! especially as I later read some reviews online about this company warning you to stay away, loads of people have had trouble with them, undelivered goods, damaged goods and not being able to get a refund, I still have had no reply from any of the emails that I have sent them which i find very suspicious, I suspect that the goods wont arrive and they intend to just keep my money, what do you all reckon, is there anything I can do? I paid with a credit card.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Well if no second payment has been made, then there is no problem? You still want the furniture don't you?

If you don't want it, get in touch telling them that you wish to cancel the order (if it's not been dispatched yet, there should be no issue) . If it has already been dispatched, await it's arrival, and if its perfectly fine, return it as per the Distance Selling Regulations - though you won't get the delivery & return costs refunded. If however it turns up damaged or whatever, return it under DSR's which will then allow you to have your delivery + return costs refunded.

If truth be told, I think at this stage, you're worrying for no reason. Just. Wait and see.. There will be no company in the world which has positive ratings worldwide without anyone having a moan about it. I'm sure if you searched for any reputable company, you'll see horror stories.

Adam

jampot

Mar 23, 2013
Thank you for your reply.
It seems only one payment has gone from my credit card, that is for the full amount. I spent a whole afternoon ringing this company and like other people have said in the reviews I've read, they never answer the phone or answer e-mails, this is why I'm worried, looking on the courier website and trying to track the order gets me nowhere either, when I input the invoice number it tells me it cant find it. I hope I am worrying needlessly and the item will turn up on Wednesday as it should, if it dos'nt, whats my next move,no point ringing them, they dont answer the phone, so whats next?

The Complaining Cow

Mar 23, 2013
London
You have up to 7 days from date of purchase to cancel under the Consumer Protection 2000 (ammended in 2005). So you can do this if you want.

You could wait until the Wednesday, if the items aren't delivered on time they have breached the Sale of Goods Act 1994 and you are entitled to a full refund.

If the item comes damaged, you are entitled to a full refund including postage costs (you can arrange for them to collect) under the same Act.

If item cost over £100 life becomes even easier, the credit card company is jointly responsible under the Consumer Credit Card Act Section 75. You threaten the company with notifying your credit card company. If still no joy with the refund you notify the cc and they start proceedings and you get your money.

If you are not happy with the service or goods and don't get any response email the CEO.

Keep copies of all correspondence.

If less than £100 you can always threaten the Small Claims Court.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Well that's it, Id only worry when you come to that bridge, and even so, you need not worry.
I won't bother telling you next steps yet, for your own benefit, you'll (I assume) just be fretting until Wednesday. Let us know on weds/thurs if it's turned up or not, and ill talk you through it :)
Honestly, there's nothing to worry about for now.
Adam

jampot

Mar 23, 2013
I'm more than grateful for your replys, I know I do worry about stuff, I also know its somestimes needless, thats just the way I'm made I'm afraid, but the reviews I've read are really, really bad about this company, very definatly warning people off them, just wished I'd found the reviews first!!
The item is for over £100, I guess my saving grace is that I paid with a credit card, if the item dos'nt turn up on Wednesday I know I'd be wasting my time ringing them or e-mailing with them not replying to anyone so do I get onto the card company straight away or do I have to give them a certain time to send it? sorry to go on but we really cant afford to lose this money and we do want the item, I'm just wishing that I'd never seen the damn thing!! LOL

The Complaining Cow

Mar 23, 2013
London
You wait until Wednesday!

You will either get the item in perfect condition on Wednesday or not. If you don't you are covered by various Acts of Law! You havr to give them oportunity to rectify give them seven days to respond then start proceedings. But I'm with Alex - wait until it happens. I can see you are panicking though so just want to allay your fears you have no problems either way!

jampot

Mar 23, 2013
I will wait 'till wednesday, I know I'm worrying about something that hasnt happened yet, and I do thank both of you for the info and support, I'm very grateful, I will let you know what happens.

jampot

Mar 23, 2013
Just an update....the furniture did'nt arrive on Wednesday but on tuesday afternoon they sent an email to say that there is a stock issue and they expect more in 7-12 days and will send it express, this is just what the reviews said would happen, I sent them an email to say that it isnt acceptable and expect a full refund as I am within the 7 days, needless to say, I have heard nothing, what do I do next?

The Complaining Cow

Mar 23, 2013
London
Write saying they have borken contract (see above at previous details) inform them that if no refund within 7 days you will inform credit card company and then do so if no refund.

cyril

Apr 9, 2013
help needed ples
i got myself £150 worth of lego to take up the promotion that thay had going for lego hero rewards cutting along story short i collected the six stickers and sent them of to them which stated it takes up to 28 days for delivery ok no prob i wated and wated 28days went by still no iteam so i phoned them there reply was we dont no anythink about it then i get a letter from them saying we are sorry for the delay and we will send it out soon as we can i have been watting 3 mouths now and still not got it i have phone them again today and still as before we dont no we will look in to it for you
ples someone help me as it not right what can i do now as i have sent them two letters recored delivery so i no thay have had them