Advice on recliner chair?

Notebwill

Jun 1, 2022
Hi, I am wondering about buying a recliner for after my hip surgery and I am not sure if this is a good idea or not.
I don't seem to have anything high enough to sit on, or anything with arms. I know I will have a tough time sleeping on my back if I sleep at all.
So I am thinking a recliner might be a good thing to invest in? I have read you make them higher with 2x4s. So maybe some of you can give me some hints on what not to get.
I appreciate all the help I can get here, starting to get a bit worried about trying to get comfortable with a recliner or a hospital bed even. Help!

Davidhex

Jun 3, 2022
I was told to definitely not sit in a recliner due to the 90 degree thing. I did use one when I had my THR though. I'm facing a revision in 2 weeks and am again facing what I'll sit in.

Deertens

Jun 2, 2022
I had Mcombo and MAGIC UNION recliner chair. These electric recliner I purchased at a medical supply store though expensive, was one of the best purchses i ever made. It tilts so you are able to get out the chair and all kinds of other positions still observing the 90 degree rule.

Last edited: