Airborn Direct/ Holiday Hero's

ziggy

Jan 18, 2011
I have just booked with airborn direct for a weeks holiday , booked over the phone, price given , when statement checked two days later they have taken £90 more than price given including 3% DEBIT card charge, they are now not availible and will only comunicate via e-mail where they keep repeating that these were the prices quoted, PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE PROBALY WHY THEY ARE NOW TRADING UNDER HOLIDAY HERO'S , BEWARE OF ADAM SO CALLED MANAGER, JUSTIN AND DANNY THEY HAVE ALL LIED TO ME ON THE PHONE.

ziggy

Jan 18, 2011
I have just booked with airborn direct for a weeks holiday , booked over the phone, price given , when statement checked two days later they have taken £90 more than price given including 3% DEBIT card charge, they are now not availible and will only comunicate via e-mail where they keep repeating that these were the prices quoted, PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE PROBALY WHY THEY ARE NOW TRADING UNDER HOLIDAY HERO'S , BEWARE OF ADAM SO CALLED MANAGER, JUSTIN AND DANNY THEY HAVE ALL LIED TO ME ON THE PHONE.[/QUOTE]

redmelons

Jul 18, 2011
I wished I'd seen this warning earlier! I agree - Airborn Direct / Holiday Hero are SCAMMERS.

A month ago I booked a holiday with Airborn Direct / Holiday Hero (through the Teletext Holidays website).

When I rang to book the holiday I was told that the price had increased due to airport/fuel taxes. I agreed to pay the new price and gave my credit card details.

Five minutes after I had put the phone down Airborn Direct / Holiday Hero rang back to say that the hotel we had booked was not available and we would have to move to an aparthotel miles away. They falsely claimed that the offered hotel was as good as the one we wanted. Anyway, there was nothing for it but to accept what was offered.

Then a few days later the receipt / confirmation arrived - they had taken more than £80 more than the agreed price.

I immediately rang them and asked for an explanation. They could not give any explanation, but said they would refund the overcharge to my credit card. From then on, during my almost daily phone calls to 'Adam' he came up with a series of excuses such as 'it's been paid', 'we forgot to pay it', 'it's held up in accounts', 'we'll ring you back', 'it's definitely been paid now' etc., etc.. Needless to say there has been no refund and the matter is now with my credit card company for compensation under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Avoid Holiday Hero / Airborn Direct - they misrepresent holidays available and prices, deliberately overcharge and then lie, lie, lie to avoid giving money back.

redmelons

Jul 18, 2011
Needless to say there has been no refund and the matter is now with my credit card company for compensation under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
Well, I wrote to my bank making a claim under Section 75. The bank wrote to Airborn Direct, and guess what - Airborn Direct rang me straight away, said they would refund my money, and the money has now been repaid :D

So my advice would be don't spend a lot of time and money getting stressed out calling Airborn Direct. Get straight on to your credit card company and make a claim.