Are you the victim of bad builders?

straycat_67

Jan 15, 2012
WARNING & HELP:

If anyone in and around East Cheshire especially the Macclesfield area has 1st hand experience or knows of anyone who has used the following builder/company Andy Brooks of Design & Build Partners Limited and has had issue's can you please PM ASAP!
Thanks.

kavanagh1955

Nov 25, 2013
I have been a victim of a building company, not sure if I can name them, but I will if I can who put a pitched roof on my extension that was already there, it looks like a child has built it, I could have done better myself and apparently it will never pass with a surveyor if I went to sell my house and they put some of the slates over the neighbours boundary onto my neighbours side. Also they jumped off my roof onto the other neighbours extension and cracked all their ceiling. They used inferior materials etc etc etc. The only lucky thing is that I have not paid them anything. I am at the moment in the process of trying to get a list of everything they have done wrong and I have been told that I do not really need to pay them. :mad:

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Kavanagh 1955

If what you say is true then you can name them. You need to let them know there is a dispute due to their defective work and you are not paying them. If it is as bad as you say and they are totally incompetent then you can terminate your contract with them.

You need to have a report on the roof undertaken by a professional (not another builder) so that you are protected against a claim from the builders who did the work. You would also be able to counter claim based on the report for possible damages etc.

Chances are if it that bad they will just decide to move on. That's the problem I suppose, someone else will be next. You should report them to Trading Standards. By doing this, TS when they receive enough complaints will have to act.

ASL

Aug 22, 2014
Fibrerite have recently undertaken work on our property. The job has been a living nightmare from beginning to, I wish I could say end, but it's still unfinished. What was a simple job has turned onto a living nightmare. The job was a shambles so we complained. They returned but it took a further number of weeks to try and rectify the problems.

The owner, peter, is approachable to start will promise everything but deliver nothing except take your money. The man laying the patio and building the wLl legged it and didn't return. The owner just. Palmed us off.

We got so fed up, we told them to go. We put the tools out for them. When he came, he tried to get around the back. There were materials which we had paid for so we secured them to ensure they were safe. Luckily we did as for some reason peter. Decided to try and get through. He didn't realise we were in.

The job is breaking up, the slabs are rising and the wall is wonky. This is so poor. They shouldn't be trading.

Ardent1000

Aug 31, 2014
Worst Cowboy I have ever come across is Mark Fitttes.

You can see pictures of his work on the North East Section of the badwork.co.uk/ website.

WeatherAll (NE) is owned by Mark Fittes who uses dodgy subcontractors and charged us VAT despite not being VAT Registered.

Terrible Builder and a nasty piece of work.

You will find him currently operating in the Ponteland and North East Area.

Avoid Mark Fittes and his companies (WeatherAll (NE)) like the plague.

Fittes likes to drive around in his girlfriends black Range Rover but don't let that fool you, he doesn't own the house he lives in, rents his tools and machinery and has previous unpaid CCJ's.

The company trade address is -

WeatherAll
8 Fellside
Ponteland
Northumberland
NE20 9JW

The company operates in the Ponteland/Newcastle/Northumberland and Durham areas.

The owner and Director Mark Fittes is a real piece of work and his companies workmanship is terrible.

WeatherAll (NE) are among the worst builders I have come across. The owner ended up trying to intimidate my dad who is in his 70's after making the worst jobs I have ever seen in my life. His company even walked off the job once they had taken a sufficient amount of my parents money on 28th July 2014, leaving an awful unfinished dangerous mess.

We later found out from Trading Standards that he wasn't even VAT registered yet he charged us 20% VAT.

The only time you see the Mark Fittes is when he is trying to extract money out of people.

In terms of my parents job Mark Fittes WeatherAll just used cheap subcontractors, cheap materials and cheap hired equipment, whilst I have never actually witnessed him getting his own hands dirty. My poor parents are now having to pay a reputable builder to repair the original poor work, so are having to pay twice. The reputable builder even stated that it was the worst work he had seen in all his years in the trade, as did a second builder we also had take a look and give us an estimate. Indeed he was so horrified he even offered to write a report with regard to the poor workmanship, poor materials and numerous faults.

Trading Standards told both his salesman (verbally) and him (via letter) to give my parents their money back including £1,376 VAT, whilst the police who came out to visit my parents agreed that what he had done constituted Fraud and I should imagine the VAT people will be wanting their money back from numerous other previous jobs which by all accounts run in to many hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Furthermore most of his transactions are on a cash basis, which makes me wonder if he hasn't paid VAT since his present company was set up on the 11th June 2013, does this man even keep reliable books in relation to income tax, VAT and National Insurance.

Every time you mention this man and his companies to the authorities, the first thing they say is that he's well known to us. Indeed the Director of the company has previous unpaid CCJ's if you care to check on-line.

Luckily my dad is one of five brothers and my mum also comes from a large family so the word has been spread far and wide. My Dad has also spread the word at the local Golf Club and across the area I live in. My sister was also horrified by the mes left by WeatherAll as was her husband as well as other family members.

Take my advice and steer well clear of WeatherAll (NE) and Mark Fittes who is total cowboy, who drives around in his girlfriends black range rover but has very little in the way of assets himself according to Trading Standards.

You will know him if you see him, as he's a smarmy and slimy type of individual, he also sometimes employs a fat salesman called Neil Farrer.

Previous companies owned by this individual include WeatherAll Home Improvements at Unit 1, Front Street, Klondike, Cramlington, North East Home Improvements at Unit 10, Imex Business Centre Birtley, North East Building Solutions which has an address at Durham Road in Low Fell, Sunderland based BSG, and his latest company WeatherAll (NE) which is Ponteland based.

Mark Fittes companies have a nasty habit of going belly up after a year or two and he constantly tries to get more money up front out of customers. Whilst Neil Farrer and Mark Fittes both have a history and were both Directors at BSG Contractors Limited (Sunderland) and North East Building Solutions (Low Fell) with Farrer having further building companies in relation to Angel Home Developments Limited (Sunderland) which a month after being dissolved became Angel Home Improvements Limited (Sunderland) before also being dissolved.

WeatherAll are currently Ponteland based and operate in Northumberland and the North East of England.

You have been warned.

Any complaints about Mark Fittes, Neil Farrer and WeatherAll or their subcontractors should be made straight to Northumberland Trading Standards, Northumbria Police/Durham Constabulary, HMRC and other such authorities.

Amby

Feb 10, 2015
Surrey
"We later found out from Trading Standards that he wasn't even VAT registered yet he charged us 20% VAT."

Get in contact with customs and excise fraud office 0800 595 000

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: JONATHAN WALKER COWBOY BUILDER

Yes i have by the Cowboy Builder Jonathan Walker, now trading as Moorhouse (Lund) Ltd but was the worst of all of them as REEF Homes, he changed his name again to aviod people back.
Edd

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
JONATHAN WALKER COWBOY BUILDER
Yes we are the same - I havebeen ripped off by the Cowboy Builder Jonathan Walker, now trading as Moorhouse (Lund) Ltd but was the worst of all of them as REEF Homes, he changed his name again to avoid people back.
Edd

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: Jonathan Walker Cowboy Builder

Yes i have by the Cowboy Builder Jonathan Walker, now trading as Moorhouse (Lund) Ltd but was the worst of all of them as REEF Homes, he changed his name again to avoid people back.
Edd

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: Janathan Walker Cowboy builder in Lund Driffield

Yes i have by the Cowboy Builder Jonathan Walker, now trading as Moorhouse (Lund) Ltd but was the worst of all of them as REEF Homes, he changed his name again to avoid people back.
Edd

revup

Jan 11, 2017
Dean blues. Important notice

important notice

we fix electrics limited and heating 24-7 limited

Both of these companies are run solely by

Dean Blues.

North east area but also has links to Scotland.

has outstanding court judgements, banned from websites and is SO bad and so dangerous he is served with a Immediate Prohibition Notice by he HSE.

if he comes and tries to do work, call the authorities. A real danger

Rammyramshaw

Feb 22, 2017
Hi All

If you think it will never happen you!then think again.
It can happen to anyone!
I was always one of them people who watches TV and thinks,what a fool that could not happen to me.
It is my crusade after two Years of misery caused by one of the nastiest people on gods earth,that I feel the need to stop this from happening to you.
My question is how many houses do you but in your life,1 2 3.so none of us are experts and we rely on profesional people like conveyance and Solicitors.
How many of you read and understand contracts,small prints.We all rely on the conveyancer to make sure they are correct.Wrong it's down to you.

I would like to offer this advice when buying a house or leaving yourself open to Years of misery,

1,When meeting the builder of your house (if new build) He is not your friend and don't let him be.Builders from hell will be looking to rip you off from the moment you meet them.

2,Do not be taken in by there smooth charm.We were taken in by the builders charming elderly Father.Dont befriend anyone you are buying a house,they are not your friends and you don't know them.

3,Never get into conversation were they are talking about what they plan to do with the house.You will get charged extras you know nothing about.Like us in excess of £7000.(They will lie,even in court)

4,NEVER MOVE INTO THE HOUSE UNTIL IT IS 100% FINISHED.They will not finish inside contract time and blame you for moving in.

5,When you move in and it's not finished they will upset you so much that they want you to ask them to leave.They will use this in court.

6,Check the builder out.Do not listen to how good they think they are.Ask to see other work and customers feedback.

7,Buying off plan.Not a good idea as when don't know the quality of the finish.Trust me we were told all items would be top quality but remember a set of taps can cost £200 and another set can be off EBay for £20.If you do buy off plan have a complete list of the items and check the quality.

8,If you think you are covered by an NHBC cert think again.They have to be one of the worst organisations in the country.Remember they were formed by the builders,a very very stressful experience.

9,We moved in and had every excuse why we did not have a BT line connected.Builder found out it was not in contract of sale and wanted to charge us for the privelage.We thought we could take him to court but WRONG we had to pay him £10 000 as our conveyancer left it out the contract.We had a line in a duct but he refused to connect unless we paid.In court he LIED to the judge that it did not come with a line.Still we had to pay.

10,We have the builder next door building the next plot and the harassment is so bad we have decided to move.Can we sell the house? No we have to declare the problems and no one will buy the property.

This is something I could go on about for the next 4 hours as I have only touched on a few things.

COST: £50 000 litigation Bill.
What did we do wrong.Buy our house from the nastiest,biggest ass hole on the planet who knows every loop hole,Planning Law to make you the most miserable person on the planet.They have no morals and the most amazing thing is they think they are the VICTIM!

My last piece of advice NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY A NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!!'

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: Jonathan P Walker Cowboy Builder

Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.

[

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016

This person is the worst, he traded as REEF Homes and built unsafe houses, the last one took 140,000 to put right, this is borne out by the litigation, the out of court settlement and the planning officer of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
He has since changed his name to WOODHOUSE (Lund) Ltd and building the same unsafe properties as he did before. He will be caught again but he just changes his company and moves on. He has connections in the Council as he was a council Leader and his family take turns to hold that position (his uncle is now in that position) his family are the biggest landowners and his wife has the Nursery also in the village, also the Beverley council keep giving him planning permission, so something is wrong there as well.
Please can you help as someone will get hurt of even killed if he is not stopped, I have tried but the village council under the family control override it.

battersea

Mar 21, 2017
I was really surprised to read this review of Nu Space and the negative comments that it contained. In fairness I felt it right to put the other side. I contacted Graham at Nu Space in September 2014 to convert my loft into a bedroom and bathroom. In a nutshell, the project was an absolute triumph. Nu Space drew up the plans, attended the planning meeting and guided us throughout the entire process. Laurence Leonte and his team carried out the work and everything went according to plan. The small issues that have needed rectifying since completion in May 2015 have been done quickly and efficiently. Personally I have no hesitation in recommending them

Edward Jones

Aug 5, 2016
Re: Jonathan Walker in Lund Cowboy Builder

edd jones

Nov 22, 2016
spain

edd jones

Nov 22, 2016
spain
Re: Jonathan P Walker COWBOY BUILDER

JackAldride

Oct 29, 2021
I'm very sorry that so many people are faced with incompetent workers and builders, and that you also had to deal with poorly executed work. When I had construction work at home, I was very lucky with the workers. We discussed repairs, as well as various technical devices, for example, Inverter chargers , which can be useful in various situations. It was very helpful for me.