ASUS Laptop, fault not covered by warranty

UnsureGem

May 9, 2014
Hi

not sure if anyone will be able to offer any advice?

I bought an Asus laptop from Very in August last year.

It recently developed a fault with the keyboard, so I contacted Very who said I should speak directly to Asus to organise repairs.

I contacted Asus who agreed the product was still in warranty and so arranged to collect my product. They charged me £15 to collect the product as they said I had already registered a fault last year (though I went on to fix this myself so no collection was ever made).

Anyway, Asus collected my laptop last week and have now been in touch to say that the fault was caused by a spillage and so not covered by the warranty. The price to fix the laptop would be £230.

I know that there have been no spillages on the laptop, and I don't think it is worth this price of repairs anyway as it is only the keyboard that is faulty so I asked Asus to return the laptop unfixed.

They are saying that this will cost £42, for delivery and assessment costs.

I am outraged by this and had no idea of the costs that would be involved as I arranged the repairs over the phone I never saw any terms and conditions.

Is there anything I can do to get my unfixed laptop returned with no fees?

Thanks in advance.

Gemma

Ashley1988

May 19, 2013
London
Not sure if there's anything you can do, but I had a similar case with a Dell Laptop. It had problems, so I wanted to use the warranty, but they told me this laptop was dropped on a hard surface and this isn't covered by warranty. To which, I said, it's not possible, before I had a long talk with my kid cousin, who decided not to tell me that he dropped it when I wasn't home. So, I know it's outraging, but I don't think the people from Asus are lying. They can recongnize why the damage happened.