Battlefield 3

dap33

Jan 26, 2012
bought battlefield 3 a PS3 computer game 7 days ago. One of the main features was the ability to communicate with your fellow soldiers, this feature is sadly not working. Which in a squad based tactical game is huge. There a couple of other server issues as well but the in game voice chat is the main one can i take the game back for a refund. Game say i have to take it up with the publisher

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Is this a fault with the software or is it an online server issue? Sorry I'm sure either of my sons would know exactly what the problem is but I can't work it out!!!

If the software is faulty, Game are responsible and in the same way as any other goods you purchase, the disc should be replaced. If there is no fault with the disc you have purchased and it is a server issue, then you will need to take it up with the host.

Software does vary slightly from other goods in that though you can have a faulty disc replaced like for like, you cannot return it for a refund or to change it for different software.

SimonEccles

Mar 15, 2012
Hmm,

As a person who studied Computer Games Programming there's one thing you need to realise, EA are very dodgey at times.

They are known to release games early without finishing them properly as they get bonuses if they make their deadlines, then they just patch their games at a later date.

With regards to the online communication, is there no platform in the PS3 where you can do this anyway? such as on Xbox live or 3rd party programs on PC? .

I own battlefield for PC and there is no voice communication there either but a lot of people choose to use other programs to communicate during a game.

With regards to this though there is a patch coming out for PS3 soon, as expected when it comes to EA so this should be fixed for you soon enough.