Beware of Made.com - low quality

Nissan157

May 2, 2020
I bought a sofa model Vitorio (1300€), and two sets of plates (80€ each).

Both items are not good quality. We have the sofa for one year and it’s already making noises like it’s about to be broken and it’s seems to be really poor quality material, every time I sit on the couch it makes a noise like something is about to be broken although we used it very moderately, we have no kids who jumps on the couch and we are only two people at the household.

Moreover, we have the sets of plates for almost a year, it totally got ruined in the dishwasher after few weeks. Normally we are using a dishwasher program of water at 45 degrees and the ceramic broke on each of the plates and the plates are ruined, it’s very clear the material used in manufacturing the plates is the cheapest, we have another sets of dishes (plates, cups etc.) from ceramic / porcelain from other brands and none of them got destroyed in the dishwasher (and of course not on 45 degrees program).

Highly disappointed and highly not recommended.

Tony888

Feb 10, 2020
Hi Nissan, Sorry to hear that. I would expect the quality to be much better for both. Are the plates dishwasher safe? Have you been in contact with Made.com - what did they advise?

will_nuck

Jun 21, 2020
Hi Nissan, my experience of Made.com is also not good...

"Jenson Bench" purchased in February 2018; Broke beyond repair in October 2018 while my wife and 3 year old daughter were sitting on it and fell to floor (my wife bruising her arm quite badly).

"Boone Dining Table" purchased in July 2017; followed full care instructions (cleaning concrete tabletop only with damp cloth; regularly oiled); thin concrete surface is now deteriorating, with edges peeling away to reveal inner materials and webbing. For a design item this is very poor. Will throw away after less than 3 years use...not what i expected from a EUR700 table...especially one made from "concrete"