Boots Opticians Customer Care?

IanS

Jan 5, 2013
Hi,
I'm just about to take Boots to the Small Claims Court as they continue to avoid the issue that they got the focal centres of my lenses wrong. I've revisited 2 of their stores on 4 occasions, twice at their request, given a second eye test and told to persevere with the lenses as they are.
Has any body had a similar problem with Boots Opticians?

Snowknight

Jul 21, 2015
Hi,
I'm just about to take Boots to the Small Claims Court as they continue to avoid the issue that they got the focal centres of my lenses wrong. I've revisited 2 of their stores on 4 occasions, twice at their request, given a second eye test and told to persevere with the lenses as they are.
Has any body had a similar problem with Boots Opticians?
After 3 Eye tests at Boots in Bradford I refused to accept the offered set of glasses and demanded my paid £195.00 back (I ordered the glasses in Jan 15) and now end of July after 3 different sets of glasses Boots could not provide a set that worked.

Either they were 4x overcorrected 1st set with the excuse about over 50's having to have stronger corrections (Ageist remark), 2nd set was blurred in all (next excuse was that my old glasses from SpecSavers were bi focal are not) and third set blurred vision on everything under 50cm's.

No excuse nothing given and only the threat of a solicitor taking them to Courts made them refund within 48 hours. However no cover of 9 trips per car to Boots, no refund of parking costs, no refund for time Boots had the money [6 months].

Untrained and arrogant employees and thin excuses... Avoid