Budget Car Insurance wont insure car

paulmlpss

Mar 19, 2012
Hello all im 31 and have 9 years no claims and no convictions.

I drive a pug 306 diesel and saturday i brought a astra diesel 2001 reg.

I am currently insured with co-op insurance but through budget as i just got the quote on a compare site. Yearly premium is around £330 which i pay monthly. So saturday i rang up to change insurance and they said the co-op wont insure me on that car. They wanted £80 cancelation fee and then said i need to start a new policy. Anyway i left it as i wont change car till end of month as it needs taxing. Got home from work today and decided to go on co-op site and get a quote for new car. Fully comp quote comes up £470 a year. So then i ring up budget asking why they wont insure me when co-op say they will and they wont give me a valid reason??? Just really annoying me as i only have till June left with budget insurance and dont want to lose another year no claims and dont want to pay cancelation fee and start new insurance. I could understand if i was 18 and trying to insure a porsche or something. Are these insurance companys on commision for starting new policys? Just cant understand why they wont change the car over?

Many thanks in advance
Paul