Builders directories (checkatrade, trustatrader and the like)

PatriciaMarchand

Jul 10, 2020
I retired last year and decided to embark on home improvements but I am losing so much money trying to undo what builders done wrong, it is terrible. Trustatrader blocked me so I no longer even can review one of their builders who obviously was not vetted properly as he has no proper company, seems to be a group noone can find on any map, no insurance yet been told he has been vetted?!
Yes went to citizen advice bureau who, because of my age (72), push the problems to trading standards who doing nothing.
Found out the citizen advice bureau where I am (and may be elsewhere) is an affiliate member of Which (yes! which trader or trusttrader), and which is the consumer protection body!
I now have put a complaint to the Advertising Agency body (ASA) against trustatrader for false advertising, their traders are obviously not vetted.
I am probably hitting my head against a brick wall!
So far I had:
a bathroom fitter who took my deposit, my bathroom items and never came back
a plumber who said he could tile but obviously could not then flog me probably second hand items as he refused to give me the receipts
now a landscaper who concreted/tiled my back garden over the damp level creating so many problems I now have to pay somebody to recover the damp level
I am posting photos of the bads, I am so upset, so stressed all the above via trustatrader, mybuilder and checkatrade

Attachments