Camera repair

Cameraman

Mar 27, 2014
Hi All,

An issue with a camera repair of which I would ask your advice.

Six months ago I took my camera body (canon 5dmk2) into a local camera shop to check a fault. It was returned with additional faults (camera was dead!).

A partner of this company (two that own the shop) took it back to repair, over three/four months the camera was returned twice and still would not work. He admitted that he had caused the fault and that the repairs were free of charge.

In the end I confirmed to them that I would send the camera away to Canon, have it repaired and send them the bill, they confirmed that they had no insurance for repairs. They requested that they would do this as they had an account with canon. I let them do this.

Today, the camera has been repaired by canon and awaiting payment but the shop are really dragging their heels with paying for the work. Promises and not answering of the phone are cheesing me off.

I have been confirming all of this over the time in email to the shop.

I shall visit tomorrow and try to get them to sort it whilst I am there.

If I have no luck my thoughts are to pay canon for the work and take the shop to the small claims court and request the repair costs and loss of earnings but before I do this I would welcome any advice.

many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Cameraman.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I think you are right and don't have any other choice. You may be able to embarrass them into paying when you visit the shop by staying calm and reasonable but if not SCC is really your only option.

LondonGirl

Mar 21, 2014
London
www.simply-wrong.com
I agree totally. I would tell the shop you are going to do this on dd/mm/yyyy if they have not paid Canon by that date. If they don't meet the deadline, go ahead and pursue them for a CCJ, enforced if over £600 by a HCEO who will, I suspect, get your money rather swiftly if it is a camera shop. Once they start removing stock from the shop your money is likely to appear.

KimE

Nov 4, 2014
Hi

My name is Kim, I work on a daytime show at ITV, ‘Judge Rinder’. I’ve just come across you case on here and thought the programme may be of interest to you.

ITV are looking for people who would like to settle their disputes or claims in the second series of court show Judge Rinder.

Do you want to claim your money back? Criminal barrister Robert Rinder is ready to hear your case!

If you are interested then please drop me a message with a brief description, or you can call me on 0161 952 0961

We look forward to hearing your case!

Many thanks, Kim