Car Accident - Accident Repair Centre

Gritty

Jun 21, 2015
Good Evening All,

I am seeking some help/advice upon a situation that has been ongoing since April 04th. It is a lengthy post so apologies.

On 4/4/15 i woke up to find my car had been hit by a drunk driver.

As i assessed the damage it became clear that the impact had happened mainly to the drivers front side and had shifted/side swiped the car to the side, my car had also been moved from its position as it was parked parallel to the curb.
The offender had also hit my neighbors car parked infront of mine and essentially drove through the gap between our vehicles.
The offender admitted fault and his insurer Tesco dealt with our situation as there were numerous vehicles involved.
Tesco provided a courtesy vehicle and my damaged vehicle was sent to a recovery centre selected by Tesco insurance via a flat bed truck.

My neighbours car had been sent to the same repair company and had had issues since its return. After extensive services and second opinions my neighbors car had been returned with a bent axle which Halo were disputing and classing as wear and tear.
Again the car was sent for repair and returned.

A few weeks later after calling the recovery centre that had my vehicle (Halo) and speaking with their unfriendly female agent my car was ready to be returned. One of the representatives drove my vehicle back to my door.
I took me a few emails to Halo company asking for the work carried out to be detailed to me but i finally received an invoice of the work done.

After a couple of weeks we took the car out, once we had gone about our business and got int the car to return we heard a hissing noise and the air con ceased to work. We also noticed that when we tried to start the car it cut out twice.
We carefully returned home and contact Halo to inform them that there were issues. Halo provided us with a small courtesy car whilst again our car was driven to their repair centre.

Again i called Halo for an update and they explained my vehicle was currently out on a test drive. Halo proceeded to drive my vehicle to me and returned.

My husband had to use the vehicle to attend a course a few hours drive away. Upon his return on Friday 19th June half way home he got stuck in traffic. The ABS light appeared!
I contacted Tesco insurance and explained the issue, they advised i contact Halo which i did. Halo said they would make a decision on what to do within 4 hours and call me back which they did. They explained that after speaking with their maintence dept it was a common battery fault on my vehicle and that i should get it to a service centre that they would have no involvement with.
I contacted a Mitsubishi dealer whom ran a diagnostics test. I explained everything to them and they are currently running an alignment test on my car. If it is not aligned this means i have possible chassis damage and have been driving this vehicle since its return to me with my children as passengers!

I have requested invoices and paper work be sent to me in regard to the second time my car went to Halo (Air con replacement etc).

Once the guys at Mitsubishi have gave me their findings i will be asking Halo for their alignments testing etc.

As things are currently being established i would really like to know if i have any legal wrights? My car is valued at £5000 and with all the work done has so far cost £4900 to repair. If there is chassis damage would the insurers repair or would i be left with no vehicle and massively out of pocket?
The service i have received from Halo has been terrible so far and i have no faith in them and would (If chassis is damaged) like to sue.

If anyone could help it would be amazing

Thank you (and sorry for the length)

Regards