Car insurance NCB fiasco (help)

pipfootball

Mar 19, 2013
Am starting to pull my hair out with this problem. I am trying to get quotes for my partner (comparison sites) whose policy expires 31st this month. The problem I have is that she has had insurance a number of years even before passing her test. She passed her test in Dec.2011 but at renewal she will have 4yrsNCB. This is where the problem arises as all the sites do not want to recognise this and will not let me continue with obtaining quotes. Before anyone suggests, she was not a named driver and the isurance has always been in her name (it just took her a while to pass her test) Hope someone can help or advise. Cheers Phil:confused:

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I take it this is because they are asking for the date she had passed her test? There is no rule against having insurance as a provisional licence holder and ncd should count for this purpose but these comparison sites are completely automated and so can't overcome information that hasn't been programmed in.

If you want a rough idea of the prices or who is likely to be cheaper, put in an earlier pass date and then phone the top few companies for a quote

pipfootball

Mar 19, 2013
Thanks for that. I did get a quote from co-op insurance but noticed they had in details that they had her having passed test for two yrs. so i rang them and the advisor tried it with different details and told me that their system would not accept it.I have only managed to get one reasonable quote through comparison site (go compare) but that was with echoice whom i am very reluctant to use after what i have read about them. It appears my only other option is to get out the customary leaflet that comes every year and start ringing round.:(