Care dealership problems please help....

jchalmers

Aug 24, 2011
Here is a letter which I sent to a car dealership in Norwich Norfolk on 13th July 2011.

I purchased from your Car sales ***** Norwich, a CHRYSLER Grand Voyager 5Dr 2.8 CRD EXEC AU, reg number:

I paid £13,000 for it which included extras, this was paid by debit card, on Wednesday 22nd June 2011.

When I collected the vehicle I noticed a small rust spot on the bonnet, I advised the salesman, Mr , who said he would rectify this matter.

The following day, after having heavy rain I noticed a number of rust spots on the bonnet. Upon further inspection of the vehicle, we noticed a number of other issues with the car:

None of the tyres were the same, they were different makes. Also my husband noticed that on the back two, the tread was going different ways (we didn't’ know if this was safe so didn’t risk taking my children out in it) I only drove it to and from home to the Showroom.

The interior roof compartment box catch was broken and therefore kept falling off.

My father cut his hand on broken silver plastic, whilst operating the interior passenger front door.

The engine in neutral was revving above 2 and didn’t sound right.

After paying extra for scotchguard treatment we started to see a lot of stains and marks appearing behind the front seats.

The steering wheel had a notch and marks on it as though a disability aid had been attached.

As the car had only done 18,000 miles all these faults worried me, especially seeing more rust spots appearing on the bonnet after heavy rain!

As this was not satisfactory and under the ‘Sale of goods act 1979’, I contacted the car sales office on Friday 24th June, I was informed that the sales man was not there and he was who I needed to speak to. I contacted the office the next day, Saturday 25th June, to be told he still wasn’t there, I informed the gentleman that I was very unhappy with the car and as not to waste anymore time I was driving the car back.

I saw Mr and explained to him my disappointment with the vehicle and the things which were wrong with it. He offered to put these things right, however after paying so much money and for such a young vehicle, I was not satisfied and felt very despondent and had lost all faith in the Chrysler, therefore I rejected the vehicle on these grounds.
I asked for a full refund and to be put back in a position as if the contract had not happened. He made a phone call and returned stating that this could not happen. I was very upset and felt very ill due to the stress and the amount of money involved! I became very tearful. He made a further phone call and after a lot of pleading from me, he offered to buy the car back, but it would be as a second hand car, therefore not being the full refund.
Due to my stress and upset I agreed to this. I did inform however inform him that I would however be contacting Norfolk Trading Standards.

I feel very disappointed with the treatment I received from The group, I am asking you to refund the remainder of the money owing to me which is £2,171 paid via debit card and for this to be rectified within 14 days.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs Julia Chalmers

Today 24/08/2011, I received a phone call from the company advising me that the company would not honour the rest of the refund, even though I volunteered to pay an admin charge.

I feel really disappointed that this has now reached this outcome. I feel I was unfairly treated and bullied, especially when I reported the problems the very next day!!

I am now in the first steps of the small claims court.

If you can offer me any help I would much appreciate it.