Chevrolet captiva ltz

West Point

Jan 3, 2012
We recently purchased a Chevrolet Captiva LTZ from the Arnold Clark Dealership in Linwood nr Paisley. At the time of purchase, the salesman took us through the vehicle showing it's many features which included a DVD player, USB port and CD player. This is where the problem started. We found that the DVD player and USB port do not work and the CD player has an intermitten fault which the dealer blamed on Chevrolet and Chevrolet are taking the position that the DVD player does not work in the UK model but at this time, they continue to advertise the vehicle with this as a feature. The USB problem is a formatting issued according to Chevrolet and is not suitable for an IPod or anything similar and they claim the CD player has nothing wrong with it but it still does not work properly. We have to stop/start the vehicle repeatedly to get it to work and even then it stops working.

My questions are have I been mis-sold this vehicle as various extras features were described by the salesman do not work in this vehicle? Are failing to meet their committments to the warranty? Am I entitled to a refund and return this vehicle and if so, to whom? Are they entitled to sell a vehicle advertising features such as DVD player when it does not work in the UK vehicle?

Thanks