Combination Oven from Online Catalogue

sarah1957

Feb 24, 2016
I have just joined this group.

Ordered a Combination Oven from an Online Catalogue in October, 2015. Oven arrived some time the first week in November, 2015. It stopped working on 16th February, 2016 at just over 3 months old. I rang catalogue who told me as it was over 30 days old I would have to contact the manufacturer and was given their telephone number. I rang manufacturer who then gave me a repair centre number nearest to where I live. (5 miles away). I rang the repair centre and they told me that if they came out to collect the oven and then had to come back again with it it would cost me £57.?? or the alternative was for me to take the oven in a taxi to them. If I did that I would have to pay for 4 taxis eventually at a cost of £10. each taxi. I was told that the manufacturer do not pay any transport costs so I would not have any money I forked out refunded. I have no transport of my own and the oven is a heavy item. I emailed the online catalogue queries address and they told me I had to ring the manufacturer again and ask them to waiver the transport costs. I have not rang the manufacturer again as that advice came from the queries team and I have already been told the manufacturer doesn't pay transport costs.

I have since found out that its best to email the online catalogue at their other email address which is HelpHQ instead of the queries email address. I have done this and am waiting for a reply.

Am I right in thinking that I feel the online catalogue should collect the item from me as a return as its just 3 months old and they should take the problem up with the manufacturer either repair it or replace it. Please advise.

Last edited: