Computer Bundle Problem

AceofSpades

Apr 20, 2012
Hi,

I recently purchased many parts from Novatech as part of a computer build, now many, many things have gone wrong since. It has had a Faulty GPU (graphics card) and hard drive that was faulty, and I have asked them to test the computer twice for any more problems but it has come back to me with even more! The sound is very glitchy and stutters and it emmits a high pitched whaling sound when playing games. I dont want to keep taking it back every weekend so for my 5th trip to Novatech can I get my money back? There are 4 main items all of which purchased together and quite frankly I feel like I have had all my parts from the back of a lorry.

Please help me, I have just seen 600 pounds go down the drain!

bapiow

Apr 19, 2012
Hi
Ask for a full refund, I had a PC from them with all sorts of problems and got my money back ok. Built my own in the end, will always do it my way now..

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
An issue with self builds is that you need to know what parts are faulty, they are under no obligation to take back parts that are not faulty unless it is bought as a bundle.

If you can identify the faulty parts, your rights under SOGA stand and you can return them for replacement/refund.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
AceofSpades

Thats why I asked for dates of purchase really to see what you bought when.

If they were all bought separatelely and you state it has a fautly graphics card and faulty drive then that is covered under SOGA. if they have replaced those parts and something else is faulty then you need to identify what. If it was all bought together on the same date as a bundle then send the whole lot back. But it depends how long you have had the parts when you noticed they were faulty, 6 days, 6 months etc?

AceofSpades

Apr 20, 2012
The computer is 2 months old now, all the parts were purchased at the same time in the same shop if that helps.