Consumer show for major UK broadcaster could help resolve your product complaint

Sep 22, 2016
Are you fed up with a broken, defective or otherwise unsatisfactory product you bought? Have you had no luck resolving your complaint with customer services? Don't give up - our experts could help!

The creators of 'George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces' (C4) and 'James May: The Reassembler' (BBC4) are producing a brand new consumer show for a major UK broadcaster called ‘The Complaints Department’ (working title). Armed with a team of expert product testers, engineers and consumer champions our programme aims to be a one-stop shop for unresolved consumer complaints about products.

If you are selected, our experts will examine each and every aspect of your item - uncovering its fascinating inner workings. If the experts think the manufacturer or supplier is to blame for the fault they will tackle the company on your behalf and attempt to get some resolution. The show aims to educate viewers about their consumer rights and will hopefully resolve a few cases.

If you would like us to look into your product complaint get in touch with a few lines describing the problem.

From counterfeit clothes to toasters that don’t toast and dangerous electronics – no product is too big or small!

Tel: 0207 184 5768

Sep 22, 2016
Thanks - I think I've done it now.

(I don't have much experience with online forums - so I'm sort of finding my feet with regards to forum decorum!)

sal

Sep 22, 2016
Hi
I brought a phone on contract from Tesco for my Daughter last year. Her screen broke and she has been saving to get it fixed. Eventually took it to Apple and they would not fix it as they say there is a non- apple component in the phone. We have never had it repaired before so that must have been in there from the start when we got it. Tesco are denying it but the man in our local Tesco phone shop said he has heard about it before. Don't know how to go about this. They have offered me 25% of the repair but that is still £159 although Apple quoted £79.

Thanks Sal

Sep 22, 2016
Wow, that is very interesting - I wonder what happened?

I will investgiate this on Monday. In the meantime would you be able to give me a quick ring on 0207 184 5768? Would be good to know when the phone was bought, if you still have the receipt and also which specific component is supposed to be non-apple.

Thanks,

Emma