Cooker with missing parts....

freakyp

Dec 7, 2016
Electric Range Cooker purchased in store on 22.10.16.
This was at a significantly reduced price. As such a photo was taken of the product in store and paperwork completed to show that the only damage was a few scratches on hob. It was made clear that no parts were missing.

It was purchased by debit card and delivered to home in full bubble warp on 31.10.16.
The product was only opened this past weekend (3.12.16) as kitchen was being renovated. Upon opening it became evident that the plinth on the ground/base of the cooker was missing and had not been supplied.

There was a plinth on the cooker in store and I have the photo to prove it. I’ve been told the product was ‘sold as seen’ and that the plinth on the cooker wasn’t a proper one. There is no record of this in the paperwork. As a solution, I was given a ‘dummy plinth’ by the store. This is not the one evident in the photo of the product. Further to this, it is 90cm wide and the cooker is 100cm wide so it doesn’t even fit!
The store is now offering only a refund and are unwilling at this point to provide any part (I would accept an alternative, suitable plinth).
So, my questions – As stated above, the product was purchased at a very good price. I do not want to return it or to receive a refund. I want the product as paid for and as shown by paperwork and photo. Is the store under no obligation to provide the product that they sold me? Can they simply provide refund and that’s the end of it?