damaged BBQ spare parts

Ken the chef

May 11, 2009
bbq

This was the reply from out back after I sent them detailed close up pictures {I would up load them to you if I new how for both the original and the latest photos]
I am sure they are deliberately obstructing any attempt to get them to admit full liability.
I thought this had resolved itself when the sent the third bowl.

OUTBACK BBQ REPLY
We have shown your photographs to our Technical manager but he is unable to make out what you are trying to show him. I'm sure it looks very obvious to you because you can see the real thing but these photos aren't making it very clear to us I'm afraid.

Is it possible to send some more images to us so we can see what the problem is. We can understand the holes not lining up if the gas jets don't line up either but we really can't see why the holes for the securing screws don't line up if the holes for the gas jets do.

Best regards,

Customer Service Team

[COLOR="Dark Red"]This was my reply to the above request[/COLOR]
Ok, I have done what you asked and in the process, and taking the up most care the bowl is now severely scratched and open to rust.
I am going to suggest that I put the whole thing in a box with the bits from the old bowl and send it back to you to rectify.
Under the ongoing saga this must be a very reasonable request. Make good the fire bowl to a satisfactory standard, my standard!

Last edited:

Ken the chef

May 11, 2009
Bbq

Outback have sent me a reply to the last email I sent!

Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 3:49 PM
To: Ken Whibley
Subject: RE: My Damaged fire bowl

Please do not return your firebowl to us - next week we will be sending a replacement firebowl with the gas rail and control panel attached.

Best regards,
Customer Service Team

THIS WAS MY REPLY
Thank You,
At last you are moving in the right direction, but I do have reservations
Will that include the Igniters, igniter guards and gas controls Pre installed?? I do not have any facility or qualifications to do gas fittings. That would put me at risk !
Drilling out some old nuts and bolts and undoing a few screw is something else all together. That I managed.
I can see no reason why I should have to do anything more that just put the lid on and fit to the trolley
KW

Ken the chef

May 11, 2009
Bbq

Result!!!

Dear Mr Whibley

The firebowl will come fitted with the gas rail assembly, electrodes & gas collector boxes and the control panel.

Best regards,
Customer Service Team