Default on credit file over and UNPLANNED overdraft.

holly7568

Apr 16, 2015
Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help. I have just found out I have a default on my credit file from Lloyds bank in 2012 For £76. this account is now closed but whilst I was with Lloyds they refused to give me an overdraft. The £76 was from an unplanned over draft. (which Lloyd love to do, then charge £10 per day)

As this was never credit aggrement(Neither me, nor the bank agreed to this £76 being taken before hand) how can they then flag this up as a Default?

Isn't a default where you break a credit aggrement That you yourself have agreed to?

Thanks

Holly

lemon grass

May 9, 2015
if you were in urgent situation, I suggest you pay this amount and write a nice letter to ask them to remove the default. I had £10 mobile phone outstanding charge when I switched phone contract with the same mobile company, I am sure it was their fault that didn't close my previous phone contract properly. However, I paid very high price for this £10 default as I was purchasing a property! mortgage was rejected and caused over £1000 expense, eventually, to remove this £10, I did the same as I suggest you to do. the default was moved after three months, but came back again in couple of months later, as this Mobile company didn't remove the default properly! So check again, once it was removed. good luck!