Desktop PC from Littlewoods.

Wayne8559

Nov 11, 2012
Hello, i recently ordered a PC from Littlewoods, however when the PC arrived it was in a completely different pc case than shown in the advertisement pictures, there was also no information on the ad page about PC cases being different than shown in the pictures.

The thing is, the case this PC is in is very ugly in my opinion, it also does not have a front in-take fan that was shown in the ad picture which was one of the reasons i chose this pc as my old one had over-heating issues.

I contacted littlewoods and asked if it could be returned and i was told that because the specs were correct and it was just a different tower case i could not return the item.

When i sent in a complaint form about it, i got an email telling me that the item could not be returned as i had set it up and that if i was unhappy i should not have set the pc up. I only set the PC up so that i could check the system specs to see if i had been sent the wrong computer.

I personally feel that the PC case is an important part of any PC when deciding what to buy, as airflow,future upgrades are all effected.

I am just wondering if i have any rights in claiming a return?

It's all new to me and i really regret buying this computer from Littlewoods now.

Thanks.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
They are not obliged to take something back if it is not faulty but it must be as described.

You would also have 7 days to return it under the Distance Selling Regulations but you don't say when you bought it and how soon you contacted them.

It isn't difficult to reset a PC to the factory settings so the fact that you have tried it isn't really relevant.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
It isn't difficult to reset a PC to the factory settings so the fact that you have tried it isn't really relevant.
This however would be arguable as to whether you have 'accepted' the pc. If it was likely that you were going to return the of, you wouldn't have bothered turning it on etc.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Well if we are going on opinions, mine would be that if I ordered something which looks completely different I would simply send it back, the plastic cover on the plug wouldn't even come off. Especially if the fundamental reason for the purchase was based on the design or looks of a product.

It's not very often we disagree witch, but these are matters of opinion anyway.

Wayne8559

Nov 11, 2012
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, it seems the case being different isn't a big enough issue to warrent a return it's self then.

However, another issue has popped up, i'm having issues with high pitched squeal noise coming from the PSU as well as stuttering when playing games below the spec.

I rang up tech support and they confirmed there is a fault with my PSU and they will send an engineer to replace the PSU.

My question is, can i refuse this and instead ask for a return or must i accept the repair? When i suggest a return to the support they basically don't answer me and instead go on about how quickly and simple it is for an engineer to replace the PSU. I'd much rather just have this system sent back and out of my life now though.

Wayne8559

Nov 11, 2012
About 4 weeks ago, the manufacture confirmed today the PSU needs replacing, they told me to ring them up tomorrow to arrange for an engineer to come out and replace the PSU.

Littlewoods said if the manufacturer confirm that there is a fault they could arrange for a return, but i fear they will just tell me to ring up the manufacture and have the PSU replaced. I would much rather have this PC returned though.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You don't have to deal with the manufacturer at all, your contract is with Little woods and they can tell you what they want but SOGA says refund, replacement or repair, the choice is yours, not Little woods with an item so recently purchased.

Wayne8559

Nov 11, 2012
That is good to hear, i have contacted Littlewoods asking for them to now arrange for a return, i am still waiting on their reply, I will update on the outcome.

Thanks for the info.