Desperate. Please help. Feel completely helpless.

Howler

May 1, 2017
Hi, Had a renewable energy system installed late 2015 by a ltd company (there’s 2 people in the company listed on companies house) who were accredited through msc, reccs, napit and at the time hetas. Cost us tens of thousands of pounds, can’t put exact amount due to staying anonymous. But we have since found out we paid over the odds (if it was done correctly that is).

Got a loan to pay for half of it. Total disaster. Got NAPIT involved and they have done a full report (which we don’t have access to, only have summary report) advising of multiple failures, Undersized system, contract breaking, not to building regulations, not notified to local authorities, safety issues. Installers were advised by NAPIT to correct, they have not say that they cannot afford to and in a few weeks NAPIT strike them off. They have not renewed their accreditation with RECCS or mcs. If we do go to court NAPIT have advised they will stand by us as a witness, so that's one good thing.

At the time they had 3 companies from the same address (which is also their home) the first company dissolved beginning of this year, the second company (the one we brought from) has a low credit rating and the third company ( was a ltd co but recently changed to a community interest company) is having a lot of investment does similar and additional things. Their business premises is full of assets which the second company brought. Its as if they are using the second company to avoid paying creditors. They don’t have any workman backed insurance warranty (despite telling RECCS they had) so if we went to court we wouldn’t get paid by their insurance.

Our one lot of insurers didn't want to take it on because of the low credit rating on the company we entered into contract with, although we are in touch with another insurance cover we had at the time who are assessing it (fingers crossed) but there doesn’t seem to be anywhere else to go from here if they don't take it on.

Any advice? Ombudsman to go to? Financial conduct authority, report to companies house? We don’t want anyone to go through what we have gone through. This for us is a life changing amount of money. We can’t afford to fix it. Its affecting our life and business as the system is undersized so every day its in we lose money. We are on tax credits and we are still paying the bank loan that we took out to pay for it! We are in a mess. To make matters worse the company in question has had such positive media on them, local councillor was there on the opening day of the ‘new’ business. We have tried contacting them to appeal to any better nature they may have but we are being ignored. So much so that we said we would have to go to their business premises to talk with them if they didn’t return our calls, the response we got was if we went onto their premises they would call the police! Any help or advice is welcome. I suppose we need a) a miracle or b) about £10,000 to burn, am I right? In the least we feel it should be public information. Any people out the that had work done by this company won’t have any workmanship backed insurance that’s for starters.

It's not easy to 'move on and stop throwing good money after bad', not when we are dealing with the disaster on a daily basis and cannot afford to fix (ie we have to fill the burner at 3am in the morning to keep the heat, we have to process 4 x 6 forestry wheeler loads of unprocessed wood every year and we only get RHI for half of what we are producing, cannot book our holiday lets out at same time as system cannot cope etc..).

Also knowing that these not very nice people are 'getting away with it', live local so they are in our face all of the time. Facebook newsfeeds on local business pages promoting their company etc. It's making me ill. I have actually been physically sick from the stress. I have had relatives die and not done that!