DGM company DO NOT USE

lynton17

Feb 28, 2013
Hi
i am having problems with DGM over an Android tablet. There are phone numbers for the company on their web site but nobody ever answers, emails been sent and get no replies form them. When eventually managed to speak to some body he refused to let me have a refund and put the phone down on me whilst i was talking to him. I am hoping that Dom can help me and many others with the same problem too when you read the reviews of DGM. The item i received was not capable of what we needed the item for and would not hold its charge. This company really do need closing down. Treating people like they do, they are a scam.
Please spread the word and dont let others loose money

lynton17

Feb 28, 2013
The tablet plus the postage came to £92 and I got it threw wowcher apparently with a massive discount. Yet it can be bought online for as little as £42. I used my PayPal account to pay for it. I have looked at other people's reviews on DGM and there's many people with the same issues. This company seriously need looking into.

Last edited:

dwts1975

Mar 26, 2013
My partner and I are having the same problem.
She bought a tablet for me as a christmas present which didnt hold charge and had dead pixels.
She notified them by email on boxing day which was within the 7 days to issue a full refund under the distance selling regulations.
We complied with this, and after a few emails pinged back and forth they gave us details of where to send the tablet which we did.
Subsequently this fell over 28 days which is their time limit to return an item for a refund. Seems a bit of a coincidence that they didnt inform us of this when we contacted them saying we wanted a refund and only now after the 28 day limit has expired they tell us that we should have looked on the website for the full terms and conditions of returning goods.
They are now refusing to issue a refund even after we spoke to a customer advisor a couple of weeks ago who said he would confirm that the item was in their possession and then issue the refund.
The advisor said he would lose his job if he issued the refund so we suggested he get authorisation from his line manager to which he replied that he cannot speak to his line manager as he is in a meeting. I asked when is he out of his meeting, to which he replied he is in a meeting all day every day.
We don't know what else to do now and really need your help.
Thanks
Rob & Bex

dwts1975

Mar 26, 2013
They have offered a replacement but we have no faith in the product and after they initially agreed to offer a full refund my partner went out and bought me a kindle fire hd so now i have no need for a replacement tablet from them.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Their T&C's cannot override the law, if you notified them you wished to return it within 7 days you are covered by the DSR's regardless of what is stated in their T&C's or what action they took to enable you to return the item.

Write informing them of this fact and tell them you will be seeking to claim your refund through the small claims court.

dwts1975

Mar 26, 2013
After speaking to DGM again and writing a letter they still refuse a refund and apparently there is nobody who works there authorised to do a refund if it is outside the 28 day period.
After making it clear to them that we only wanted a refund and not an exchange they proceeded to send out another tablet which we refused delivery of and are trying to charge us for the delivery of the tablet that we blatently told them not to send out.
It looks like we are not going to get any joy from them and would appreciate if you can tell us how we get trading standards to enforce the law in order to obtain our refund.

Thanks

Rob & Bex

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
You can make a complaint to your local trading standards department, however do note that trading standards doesn't usually operate on individual complaints. However will take details and provided that there's a fair number of complaints, trading standards will investigate the company.

Consumer law is generally a civil matter, and so is self actionable. In order to obtain a refund, you will need to send them a letter, provide them all the relevant details, notify them of your rights & what outcome you would like (refund), and give them a deadline for providing a satisfactory response (generally 10-14 days), notifying then that should they not respond - you will have no option but to claim the money back via the small claims court.

Keep a copy of the letter (as evidence) and send it by a recorded means (so you can check it has been delivered).

Then wait and see what happens... Should they not respond, get back to us and we'll talk you through the next steps.

Adam

Dr Grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Hi seems that I am another DGM customer having problems! I am on my second T-909 tablet and that went wrong end of July. It was a replacement that went tech after 2 months!
However after fairly good customer service they are now ignoring all e-mails and phone calls simply due to the fact that I want a refund and not a replacement this time. I have tired to go down the route of trading standards for Hillingdon which is the local one to the DGM offices! I have also logged a complaint with BBC Watchdog and given the numbers of people who have had problems with DGM on several other consumer websites I think if enough of us complain to the Hillingdon TS officer as well as to the BBC Watchdog programme we might get some action but I will go down the route of small claims court if nothing more happens.
Please get in contact with me if you want to go down a class action route!

Dr Grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
After more than a year I am still waiting for DGM to refund my money after a (2nd) replacement T-909 went tech! Seems they dont do refunds after 28 days! Want to send me yet another expensive paperweight! No I want my money so it seems I will be going to the small claims court as well as BBC Watchdog! Anyone care to join me?