Egypt Property Scams Hurghada

mgsteveb

Oct 23, 2010
The whole story can be read at forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2792830[/url]

I have been a victim of property scam in Hurghada Egypt by an Egyptian Builder. I had a Lawyer called Zeiad Yehia from Edgebridge Law Firm helping me. Impossible to contact, ignores emails and calls. Last year (2010) I flew to Hurghada where a lawyer Zeiad Yehia sourced proceeded to sign the building in his own name via POA behind our backs. After a year of stress and being ignored, Zeiad Yehia partner Ezzat said he had sorted it out. I originally became concerned when Zeiad Yehia's partner Ezzat began to ask for money through facebook. When I questioned this I received threats of violence from him through facebook. I paid £980 for connection of electricity and water to Ezzat but have been told this is extremely excessive.

I have received the contracts for one apartment from Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm. I was told I will receive the contracts for the other apartment in July 2011. The apartments are unfinished. We had a no win no fee agreement but Zeiad waved all fees considering the trouble I have had. Unfortunately the contracts do not cover any part of the terms and conditions of finishing the Communal areas, Hall stairs and landings. I have contacted numerous agents and developers in Hurghada. Without any Due Diligence, terms and conditions, over the stairs and landing, I stand no chance of selling the apartments.

I have asked the questions to Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm; why was I not told about these problems upon signing the contracts? Is it reasonable for any Lawyer to be aware of these simple terms that would normally be a matter of routine in any contract? I specifically asked for this to be taken into account in the contract as I envisaged these problems. I have detailed my complaint in a long reply to Edgebridge Law Firm. Still no reply? Edgebridge Law Firm and Zeiad Yehia are refusing to communicate and they have a signed verified contract for an apartment in my name. I am now left alone again to wonder.

It is now 2012, Six months since I last heard from Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm. Zeiad has a signed contract for an apartment in my name yet I still have had no word from him. In my experience it has been a case of the carrot and the stick. Forever travelling to Egypt and being asked for Money with no real transparency in hope of recouping my investment. If anything Zeiad’s silence, the fact that he has a verified signed contract yet refuses to communicate or answer questions can only mean one thing to the "reasonable person".

I would also add that his Business Partner Ezzat El Sayem, who sent me requests for money and threats through facebook, is still listed on Edgebridge Law Firms web site. This is after apologies and assurances from Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm that he was no longer with the company.

I would also add that Peter Mitry from Egypt Real, Ergo Homes amongst others was involved in this business. When I started asking awkward questions and being a pain, Peter Mitry distanced himself and even went so far to say I was not his client. I have many detailed emails from Peter Mitry of Egypt Real and Ergo Homes giving me instructions on this business, what he was to be paid if successful and monies payable to Edgebridge Law Firm. Also arrangements for trips to Egypt and even picking me up at the Airport!

mgsteveb

Oct 23, 2010
I really don't get it. Zeiad gets in contact, says he is going to send me an email, he doesn't, I text, he does not reply. The reason people don't use him is he does not ever communicate!

The whole story can be read at forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2792830[/url]

I have been a victim of property scam in Hurghada Egypt by an Egyptian Builder. I had a Lawyer called Zeiad Yehia from Edgebridge Law Firm helping me. Impossible to contact, ignores emails and calls. Last year (2010) I flew to Hurghada where a lawyer Zeiad Yehia sourced proceeded to sign the building in his own name via POA behind our backs. After a year of stress and being ignored, Zeiad Yehia partner Ezzat said he had sorted it out. I originally became concerned when Zeiad Yehia's partner Ezzat began to ask for money through facebook. When I questioned this I received threats of violence from him through facebook. I paid £980 for connection of electricity and water to Ezzat but have been told this is extremely excessive.

I have received the contracts for one apartment from Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm. I was told I will receive the contracts for the other apartment in July 2011. The apartments are unfinished. We had a no win no fee agreement but Zeiad waved all fees considering the trouble I have had. Unfortunately the contracts do not cover any part of the terms and conditions of finishing the Communal areas, Hall stairs and landings. I have contacted numerous agents and developers in Hurghada. Without any Due Diligence, terms and conditions, over the stairs and landing, I stand no chance of selling the apartments.

I have asked the questions to Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm; why was I not told about these problems upon signing the contracts? Is it reasonable for any Lawyer to be aware of these simple terms that would normally be a matter of routine in any contract? I specifically asked for this to be taken into account in the contract as I envisaged these problems. I have detailed my complaint in a long reply to Edgebridge Law Firm. Still no reply? Edgebridge Law Firm and Zeiad Yehia are refusing to communicate and they have a signed verified contract for an apartment in my name. I am now left alone again to wonder.

It is now 2012, Six months since I last heard from Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm. Zeiad has a signed contract for an apartment in my name yet I still have had no word from him. In my experience it has been a case of the carrot and the stick. Forever travelling to Egypt and being asked for Money with no real transparency in hope of recouping my investment. If anything Zeiad’s silence, the fact that he has a verified signed contract yet refuses to communicate or answer questions can only mean one thing to the "reasonable person".

I would also add that his Business Partner Ezzat El Sayem, who sent me requests for money and threats through facebook, is still listed on Edgebridge Law Firms web site. This is after apologies and assurances from Zeiad Yehia and Edgebridge Law Firm that he was no longer with the company.

I would also add that Peter Mitry from Egypt Real, Ergo Homes amongst others was involved in this business. When I started asking awkward questions and being a pain, Peter Mitry distanced himself and even went so far to say I was not his client. I have many detailed emails from Peter Mitry of Egypt Real and Ergo Homes giving me instructions on this business, what he was to be paid if successful and monies payable to Edgebridge Law Firm. Also arrangements for trips to Egypt and even picking me up at the Airport!

elhayat

Mar 22, 2014
I would never use Zeiad Yehia from edgebridge. He was acting for a few of us and in 4 years he never did anything except lie about where he was up to with the case. He often disappears and never replies to emails or phone calls. He has now disappeared with everybody's contracts. DO NOT USE THIS CONMAN.

shama marie

Aug 21, 2014
Zeiad Yehia is a thief and a conman. I employed him a year ago as my lawyer as I was the victim of fraud. Zeiad Yehia demaned £1150 from me then promptley disappeared. He NEVER returned any calls and he did NO work for me at all. I have since discovered he has been DISBARRED by the law society due to his criminal activities yet he is still touting himself as a lawyer. This man is nothing more than a THIEF: please do not employ him and please do not give him any money.
He is also well known in Sharm for being a pervert and a deviant. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

elhayat

Mar 22, 2014
Does anybody know the whereabouts of zeiad as he has a lot of people's contracts and owes money to us all. He used to be on WhatsApp but has disappeared from there.

shama marie

Aug 21, 2014
He's in Sharm,I heard from him today. He's angry at what I posted. Full of self righteous indignation. Would be funny it it wasnt so serious.Funny how he chooses to get in contact when it benefits him. He is threatening to sue me. Oh the irony! He owes me money too so your not the only one. PM if you want I might be able to help you...

elhayat

Mar 22, 2014
Do you have any contact info for zeiad. Phone number or email. An address for the police to go to would be great