Eon boss in cruel jibe

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead

greatscotuk

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
This is outrageous! As you say Jorumian, it's true, but he doesn't have the rub in millons of customer's faces.

I heard on this morning's news (GMTV to be precise) that a planned tax windfall in leiu in the high profits made by energy companies is to be scrapped, despite thousands of at-risk individuals making the appalling decision to either 'eat or heat' this winter.

I'm of the opinion that the Government need to do more to ensure that people do not suffer whilst these fatcats roast away in their million-pound homes.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Agree

I totally agree with what you say. What irks me the most with companies like this is the fact that they put up their prices claiming that their costs are rising, and then year after year post record profits of obscene levels.

The Government is too soft on major companies, probably because of little back-handed perks they often receive but are never publicised. A windfall tax over profits of a certain level should be in place for all companies. Though no doubt they'd find a way around paying it through creative accounting or a legal loophole.