Falsely Advertised Laptop

Stickny

Jan 5, 2014
I recently ordered a laptop from Very which advertised a Radeon HD 8570M graphics card. I have received the laptop and it hasn't come with this. It has come with an integrated HD 8330. I ordered the laptop because of this card. Its not an amazing GPU but it was enough to play some light gaming. With the one I got, pretty much useless for gaming. I contacted Lenovo, the manufacturer, just incase it was just faulty but they checked my serial number and what I received was the HD 8330.

I'm waiting for Very to come back with what they have to say. Their returns policy states that you can't return laptops once they have been installed.

What I'm asking is if I have any rights to send this back for a refund.

Thank you,

p.s. I would post a link to the Laptop but this is my first post.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Just tried to have a look at the item but there are 32 Lenovo laptops on there and graphics not specified until you go to the full description.

Your statutory rights cannot be amended by any company and you are covered by both the Distance Selling Regulations and the Sale of Goods Act. If you notified them of the wrong graphics card within 7 days of receipt, they must take the item back and give you a full refund on the goods plus postage under the DSR. If you were outside of the 7 days, then under SOGA goods must be as described, which they weren't so they must take the goods back and give you a full refund, including postage.

As far as not accepting laptops back after installation or activation of software, they cannot do that if they are in breach of either law, it is not reasonable that a layman would check the specification of a laptop but are more likely to notice deficiencies during operation.

Stickny

Jan 5, 2014
Thank you for the reply.

The stock code on Very is 3V6RT19. In the space of 5 hours, they have amended the description which I guess means someone is looking into my email I sent. I have a screenshot of the page when it was showing the previous description just in-case they try and say that it was never wrong.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Nice one, that was something I meant to say earlier, take another one now they've amended it!

Let us know what their response is and give us a shout if you need any more help with it

YAPPI

Sep 2, 2021
You need to have a head on your shoulders to make the right choice. However, if it's enough for you to play cs go, oh, this is a normal laptop.

JackRichard

Oct 12, 2021
If you want to get the best skin for CS GO, you should think about getting it on a trading platform. You can exchange your skins with other players or get them by opening cases. On one of the best cs go trade website, I was able to find a lot of unique skins for my collection. I think that if you are interested in this topic, then you should read more information about it. Good luck!