Faulty Boiler/Thermostat/Heating??

JacqP

Mar 1, 2018
Hi there,

We had a new Worcester Bosch 36cdi compact fitted before Christmas to replace an old back boiler and are currently still experiencing nightmare heating issues. After numerous cold months and this current freezing weather, I am at the end of my tether! I'd be so grateful of any advice regarding what we should do next...

We've made official complaints to the installation company as a plumber has confirmed there are issues with the installation and a lot of errors on the paperwork. However, we're not getting anywhere with the company so have now threatened to forward complaint to the Gas Safety Register, which I guess is the right next step? The problem is, nothing is getting resolved so I'm also keen to try and get our heating working asap... After having some independent plumbers in for some quotes, we seem to be faced with a range of possible issues and I just don't know what to do now:

1. We were given a Salus Rt500RF controller to go with the boiler which does not seem consistent at all. It doesn't connect into the boiler directly and there seems no way to over-ride it. One plumber said we should get a replacement Worcester control and have it connected right to the boiler? I'm wondering whether to order one myself and get it fitted?
2. We have 10microbore pipes in our house and all radiators are old too. Do we need all of these replaced to avoid blockages? We were quoted £2100 for this. He also said he'd replace the thermostat at the same time.
3. One radiator seems much worse than the others (it doesn't heat up at all whereas the others sometimes get warm in parts). We've bled all the radiators and the water wasn't much/that dirty. Do we just replace the worst radiator?

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or do you think there's an obvious solution here? The boiler installation was so expensive I'm just so nervous of paying even more money and still having no resolution...

Any advice gratefully received!