Faulty flooring

amyhutch1

Feb 15, 2018
Hi,
Just after a little advise, i have had a floor fitted, the vinyl plank type that requires a screed before fitting, i paid the fitter separately although was only guaranteed when using shops fitter and paid the company for the flooring.
The property was being renovated and the flooring was fitted prior to me moving in, i purposely waited until the flooring was laid before my joiner returned to fit the skirting board. After moving in i noticed that there was a fault in the flooring, what looked like poorly laid screed, fitter returned to check the floor and took part of the floor up but established there wasn't a fault in the screed but a fault with the product, company agreed to take up the floor and re-fit. The fitter has not turned up twice, the company have refused to remove skirting to fit as original and say i have to leave the property for two days so the fitter can re-screed re-fit but will not attend while i'm at work but only when someone is in the property. Getting well and truly fed up i cant take further time off work, i don't get that many holidays. What are my rights for a refund? company says they won't refund, i really don't want them back in the house, the incompetency is unbelievable, i wish i could charge them for the two days holiday i have taken from work when the fitter didn't bother to turn up.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.