Floors to go Mis Selling

georgeR

Aug 27, 2012
Thank you for this info. After a visit to their unit yesterday I was on the verge of buying 32m2 of solid oak click flooring but came across this site when Googling them (decided to do the hall as well so actually needed 42m2). This is one customer they won't get.

mmj

Feb 10, 2014
Re: Floors to go Mis Selling - £900 still not refunded after two months and counting

We are still waiting for about £900 to be refunded from Floors2Go, nearly 2 months after they collected the faulty goods.

We had to return about 45 sqM of flooring because one of Fllors2Go's sales reps mis-described the colour of the type we were enquiring about, saying it was lighter than a different sample he'd already sent when in fact it was darker).

After about a week they did send a van (unlabelled) to collect the order back from us. However we are now two months down the line and have had no sign of a refund.

Citezens Advice Bureau say they are legally obliged to return the payment within 30 days and that they are in breach of both Sales of Goods act for mis-description and of Distance Selling regulations, for not refunding within 30 days.

Every time I call they say they get a colleague from the right department to call back and never do.

Anyone found a way to get refunded?

MarkHumphries

Jun 23, 2014
I bought 86m2 of solid oak flooring from Floors2Go in December 2013, complete with fitting services. The total package cost £6266, roughly 50:50 material & fitting.
The first attempt at delivery was a disaster. The load broke the tail lift of the lorry and dropped a ton and half of flooring on my drive. Waiting for the second attempt, and a new slot in the fitter's agenda meant living on concrete floors for a month.
After fitting gaps started opening up between the boards - up to 3mm. Then the woodworm came out!
After an independent inspection from an inspector appointed by Floors2Go confirmed the gaps and the woodworm, Floors2Go (eventually) agreed to lift the flooring, remove it and give me a full refund. But this confirmation was only verbal and only came after many hours chasing them up.
Two months have gone, the regional manager who promised me the refund has left the company, and last week I learned that David Vizor (director) has blocked my refund.
It seems that my experience is in line with others who have posted to this forum.
Later this week, I will be entering a claim with the Small Claims Court. It's another £500, but it seems the only way to go.

If you are considering buying anything from Floors2Go, I would strongly encourage you not to.

An article in the Birmingham Post (7/12/2001) alleges that David Vizor used to be a solicitor, and that he was struck off by the Office for the Supervision of Solicitors.

Janine

Jun 1, 2016
scammed by floors to go paul
#95 27th May 16, 7:09 PM
I dont know if anyone can advise me but its worth a try. My daughter bought a flat in sheffield a couple of months ago, the carpet was dirty and ripped so she decided on wood flooring. We went into floors to go sheffield. We knew we wouldn't be able to afford the real wood so we were looking at laminate. A few minutes after being in the store a guy called Paul came up to us, we were asking about the different prices between the real wood and the laminate just in case there was an offer. Of course there was an offer Paul explained just today, we are offer 20% on the wood flooring. We went to the desk and gave Paul the measurements for the flat. It worked out we needed 40sqm of flooring, we asked for a price for fitting. So he said for the flooring and fitting it will cost £1400.00. We agreed on the price and paid in full. Two days later Paul rang and said the company had been taken over and the flooring will be delayed a couple of weeks. The Fitter finally came and took his own measurements we received another phone call from Paul saying we had measured up wrong and will need more flooring at a cost of £350 so we paid the extra 350. A couple of days later the fitter rang my daughter and said he would be able to lay the flooring on Saturday which she agreed.
OMG would you believe what the fitter said next: "The Price of fitting is £700" She phoned me straight away in tears as Paul had given us the price including fitting. I phone the store right away and a sales assistant called Scott explained no the price you paid did not include fitting. I kept telling him that Paul said the fitting was included in the price. We should have looked at the invoice closer, it just had a load of scribble and numbers written on it. I then explained we could not afford 700 for fitting and would like a refund. Scott said we were not entitled to a refund as the company has now been taken over. So the wood flooring is now sat in floors 2 go waiting for my daughter to pick it up. Just dont know what to do we've been lied to and my daughter is so upset. What would anyone do in this situation. Not sure if to try and get a refund using chargeback, if any can advise me i'd be so grateful.
Thanks