For: Zoeunderhill88

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
zoeunderhill88 said:
Hello I noticed on another post that you used to work for argos I brought a tv for my daughter for Christmas from argos and today it has broke it's under 6months old and when you turn it on it works but the screen is all grey so it's like watching a black and white tv, I still have the receipt and I'm wondering if I can take it back as in very annoyed many thanks Zoe
Hi - you can't receive private messages, so I've posted this here.

Of course you can take it back. You have your statutory rights, which entitle you to take the tv back up to a 'reasonable time' which could be up to 5 years depending on the TV (price, brand, expectations etc).

When you take it back, they will immediately say they'll send it for repair and they'll ring you to come collect it in a few weeks. Do note: you are entitled to a (partial) refund, a repair OR a replacement. It is your choice to make, not Argos'.
If you opt for a partial refund (to account for the use you've had), they can only deduct a reasonable amount. For example, if the TV was only £200 and expected to last 2 years, you could request a refund of £150 .

If I'm perfectly honest, I wouldn't take a repair over a replacement, I've dealt with the 'repair cages', it's literally a cage with wheels and everything that needs repairing gets thrown into the cage. There'll be everything piled up with no order. There could be a big heavy item sat ontop of a phone. You can expect scratches on EVERYTHING.

Adam