Fuji Digital Camera from Very.co.uk

digital_gain

Oct 12, 2010
Hi all

really need some advice as Very.co.uk are totally messing me around
Heres is the story

On 7th may this year i purchased a Fuji Finepix JZ300 digital camera, it cost £180
The camera was purchased primarily for a family wedding.
I received the camera (and a Fuji 16gb SD card) and spent the first 2 days just testing and getting used to the camera.
I took it to the family wedding and took about 120 pictures and also recorded about an hour of video.
since then the camera has only been used about 8 other times (a friends BBQ, a friends birthday etc)

The camera has only ever been used by me, and it has not been dropped, and has been stored in a drwer in my house.

Then 2 weeks ago i planned on going out to a friends birthday, i got my camera out and charged the battery. i then put the battery in and turned the camera on. the lens extended as normal but the lcd display frooze, not displaying how it should.
the only thing i could do was turn it off.
i turned it on and it did the exact same thing.
again i turned it off and the third time i turned it on the lens did not extend and the display remained blank (basicially it is faulty)

I contacted very.co.uk who told me it was nothing to do with them (even though it was 16 weeks old)
I was told i need to contact the manufacturer direct and the lady said she would put me through to them
she did this but for some reason she put me through to Fujitsu (not Fuji)
So i had to ring ver.co.uk again and i explained they had put me through to the wrong company. this time the man gave me the number for Fuji and i tried calling them,
upon dialling i received "this number is not yet in service"

By now i was pretty annoyed and looked online at my rights and found your website which said it was the sellers responsibilty for the warranty & not the manufacturer.

i then rang very.co.uk again and explained to yet another person that they had to deal with the warranty and the lady became agressive saying the info i was quoting her was wrong and that all she can do is forward me to the manufacturer.
At this point i pointed out that the camera was purchased on there credit scheme and it was on BNPL (by now pay later) so it would be May 2011 before the first payment was even due.
again the claimed no responsibility and at this point i said i would like to speak to a manager, Her reply was all our managers are in a meeting all day, i can take your number and pass it on.
i enquired would i be getting a call back guaranteed, she said i can only pass your details on.

at this point i did actually lose my temper a bit (this was after 4 calls an hour on the phone and being fobbed off (not too mention the £8+ i had wasted in charges on the phone)
I told her that i was sick of being fobbed off and that i would not be paying 1 penny for the camera, and if they wanted to take me to court i would happily oblige.
the sales lady then said do not be abusive to me (i never swore once)
she then hung up on me!

eventually a lady from very.co.uk rang me back and said she would send a courier to pick the camera up and that did indeed happen, now they are not responding to my emails and after ringing them again they wont even acknowledge receipt of the camera back and my account still shows the £180 to be charged

I now have no camera as it was sent back (its faulty anyway) and i now look like i am being charged £180 too

where the hell do i stand with this?

All i have is the receipt from the courier who picked it up
to be honest i am so sick of this, how the hell can a company get away with this? and more importantly how can get this resolved
all i want is the camera warrantied or a refund so i can then close my account and never have to deal with this company ever again

i should also add i purchased a fridge from them in 2007, the fridge broke down after 16 months, i rang them about this and they said it was nothing to do with them as it was over 12 months old
i told them i actually had a 24 month guarantee with it which the denied
so i took that to be correct and so purchased another fridge from another company
8 months later very.co.uk sent me a letter saying my 24 month guarantee is about to end and they offered me a 3 year extended warranty!!!!

so very.co.uk is a charlatan bunch of cowboys who mislead there customers and have no respect for them..my advice is NEVER buy anything from very.co.uk

thanks for any advice anyone can supply, i am at my wits end with dealing with them and having to sit on hold for 30 minutes just to get fobbed off.

please help!