DupedbyWebsite

Nov 23, 2014
Delays in delivery, Bouncing cheque refunds, failing to reply to emails, an 0800 number that doesn't work, avoiding customers' complaints, fobbing them off and refusal to refund to credit card - are some of the 60 recent complaints about Furniture UK of West Bromwich.

I was sold a misdescribed chest of drawers that had cracks and splinters, and didn't correspond to the website's photo re wood colour. I was ignored for 2 weeks, they denied receiving my email, and then failed to collect the item on the morning arranged.

One customer ordered a bedside cabinet & chest of drawers on 25th July and received them 7 weeks later - but left outside her house with yellow "damaged" stickers attached. Then her complaints were not dealt with, she was fobbed off repeatedly, and her story ended with her keeping the damaged furniture, and very angry.

But the company gets away with this because a percentage of customers get what they want. And two related companies are ready to take over should this one go down the pan. (Furniture Shopping & Trade Price Furniture)
It is almost impossible to trace the owner / managing director as it is not disclosed.

FurnitureGeek

May 1, 2015
Hi

It sounds like you have really had a bad experience with furniture Uk. The best advice i can give you is to take pictures of the shoddy furniture they have given you and then post them on the companies facebook / twitter page so that anyone who looks into this company will find your images and look somewhere else.

Also post bad reviews about your experience on as many review site you can find.

DupedbyWebsite

Nov 23, 2014
Thanks for the advice - I bet you're right about Twitter & Facebook - I didn't do that because I'm unfamiliar with those. But I did post on several Review sites ! And this site was good because it got into a google search - so my comments came up if anybody typed in their company name.
In the end, I'm glad to say, my credit card company did a chargeback, so apart from all the wasted time, I got my money back....

KIR

Jun 7, 2015
You think they are bad try Harveys they are expert in cruelty to customers.If they let you down several times they then deliver the wrong items and refuse to let you cancel the entire order until you take their replacement that may never arrive.