Guarantee on eBay purchase

Jo simmonds

Sep 14, 2016
Morning. We recently bought a new fuel pump for filling up our ride on mower on eBay for £110. On the third time of using it it would nt work. We complained to the seller who said it had a 3 month warranty and it was a couple of days over three months that we bought it. On checking the eBay ad we could nt see a warranty but it was expired and said the as had been modified. Can any one advise if we have a case please? Thank you

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
The warranty is irrelevant it's just something in addition to your statutory rights.

Tell the seller that it is not fit for purpose and you would like your money back. You can also use Paypal buyer protection... good luck

ImmenseBam

Dec 19, 2021
I think it's best to contact tech support with this question. My friend had a similar case, and after applying there, he was returned the money under the seller's guarantee. My friend also shared with me this service for calculate eBay and PayPal profit service and I think it may be useful to you in future purchases. I hope you still find my comment helpful.