Headphones, am I entitled to return them

snerkler

Jan 12, 2013
My wife bought me some Beats Mixr headphones for Christmas, and whilst I really like the sound they are really uncomfortable to wear. They are on ear headphones and they clamp quite tight, after about 5 mins of wearing them they become quite painful. My wife finds them painful as soon as they put them on

Am I entitled to return/exchange them for another product them on this basis? I know that technically they're not faulty, but I would also argue that they are not fit for purpose. However, that's just my opinion and may not be valid in regards to the sales of goods act etc.

Cheers.

snerkler

Jan 12, 2013
You may have a battle but theres no reason you can't try, there may be a fault with them, have you tried similar one's in a shop? Would back up your argument if you find that others aren't so uncomfortable
Thanks for the reply. I did listen to some prior to my wife buying them and don't recall them being uncomfortable, but then again I probably only had them on my head 30-45 seconds at a time. Since having this problem I have seen numerous reports of other people having the same problem, so it would appear that it is a design 'flaw' rather than an issue with just mine.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You may have a battle but theres no reason you can't try, there may be a fault with them, have you tried similar one's in a shop? Would back up your argument if you find that others aren't so uncomfortable

snerkler

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I did listen to some prior to my wife buying them and don't recall them being uncomfortable, but then again I probably only had them on my head 30-45 seconds at a time. Since having this problem I have seen numerous reports of other people having the same problem, so it would appear that it is a design 'flaw' rather than an issue with just mine.
Well I took them back and they exchanged them without question :)

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
We all know HMV are going through difficult times, I also heard this week that Game are closing their on onlinestores and only operating their online 'marketplace' for sellers to trade, given the excellent example of customer service here from HMV, I have to tell you that I bought a Christmas present from the Game marketplace, not expensive and when it arrived it wasn't what I expected so I requested a return, I was asked to pay a £1 restocking fee through Paypal (don't use those rip-off merchants either) so I returned it and told the seller to take his restocking fee from my refund.

Still waiting for my money back but I have no doubt as to where I'll be shopping in future.

Kari

Jan 17, 2013
I am sure you do not have to give any reason for returning a product, however, it needs to be within some period of time. The return policy should be at the receipt from the headphones if not just pop in to the shop and ask ;)

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
I am sure you do not have to give any reason for returning a product, however, it needs to be within some period of time. The return policy should be at the receipt from the headphones if not just pop in to the shop and ask ;)
Kari, You do not have an indefinite right to return goods bought in person when you have no reason to do so. You are talking about store policies which are above and beyond your statutory rights.
Regardless of this, the issue has been solved.