Hotels should quote size of hotel rooms.

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
To enable consumers to be able to make a fair comparison between hotels, I would like the area of the total accommodation to be included in their publicity or catalogue. Commonly, "spacious, roomy, luxurious" are used - without defining what that really meant. Charges should be based on what is provided.
Does anybody feel the same way?

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I totally do! It has to be one of the major disappointments or wonderful things about a holiday - the room! It makes complete sense to have square metres spelled out - speaking from experience after staying in a shoe box in NY!

Georginazn

Apr 22, 2009
Yes! I have stayed in 'luxury' rooms where the wardrobe can only be opened if you push the bed up against the opposite wall!
My worst hotel experience we still talk of as "going through The Mill". The Mill is a Chester hotel that was unable to provide us with heating or hot water. We asked for a change of room and a member of staff came to show us another room, (this was after several phone calls and ten minutes running cold water from the hot tap as we had been told you needed to "run it a bit"). I said I would stay where I was while my husband went with him to check all was in order, before I packed up and shifted. A cleaner came in and was surprised to see me there. She was very sweet and I explained and she called reception to see what she should do. I heard the receptionist barracking out "tell her that if she doesn't move now she can stay where she is". The girl was so embarrassed, but I told her I'd heard. I found DH and we left. Arriving on spec at a THForte was like landing into the lap of luxury by comparison!

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
As with all adverts, they should reflect what is actually there. By presenting the correct information, hotels will eventually be able to have more guests for the the better rooms - as well as more people who will accept the lower class rooms, with lower charges.

vconrad

Sep 3, 2009
london
Yes, I totally think that kind of informations is important, because I always want big rooms but hotels web sites didn't give me that info, and I have to write e-mail to them and guess what? the only answer I got it's Spacious rooms.

Chutzpah

Jan 9, 2009
twitter.com
I once stayed in a hotel on business with a relatively large group where some of us were 'upgraded' to the 'spa rooms'.

Despite being something silly like £70 more a night, the only difference we could seem to find between the spa room and a normal room was a slightly larger bath (about half a foot).