In Warranty no parts available

Flatbit

Apr 12, 2013
I bought a shower cubicle 6 years ago and I notices a few months ago that the chrome is coming away from the handles of the shower doors and has since got progressivly worse. The cubicle came with a 25 year guarantee and when I contacted the supplier they said the handles are are no longer available and that they could supply stainless steel ones at a cost of £25. Where do I stand with this situation? I have since taken a closer look at the cubicle and chrome is coming off various fittings so if the cubilcl i no longer available where do I stand for the whole cubicle? Much appreciated for all answers. I have looked through the forums before posting and didnt find any references. Keep the good work up this is a very helpful site and pleasent to look through with out any bad language or snipping.

Flatbit

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If it's in warranty they have to make good the damage, if the original parts are no longer available they have to replace with something of an equal spec, same goes for the actual cubicle, at their cost.

Of course there may be exclusions in the warranty but they can't provide it then just not meet the conditiondions because its no longer in production.

Flatbit

Apr 12, 2013
Thanks for your quick reply much appreciated. If the supplier does not budge and will not replace the parts what option are left open to me?
Thanks
Flatbit

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Small claims court would be the best option costs £25 to file a case which can be easily done so once you have their final response, send them a letter of intent telling them thats what you will do. From experience, they will crumble either at that point or when you file but before they have to issue a defence.

When you get to that stage, give us a shout and we'll help you with it.

You need to keep all the correspondence, emails etc and make a note of any phone calls, get a prrof of postage for any letters you send.