Intel motherboard recall questions:

duncanm

Feb 3, 2011
Can't post a link to a news item due to being too new a user, but this is regarding the motherboards for the new Intel Sandy Bridge processors, which have been discovered to all be flawed and have been recalled.

Have purchased a motherboard for a computer online and now all motherboards for that processor across all brands have been declared as faulty by Intel who supplied the chip that turned out to be faulty.

The motherboard manufacturers are arranging a swap out program that will occur in a couple of months time when functional motherboards have been produced, though at this point in time it is unknown whether there will be a significant delay between sending out my current motherboard and receiving the replacement.

The distance selling regulations say that if a product develops a fault within the first 6 months then product can be sent back to the retailer for a refund.

What I would like to check is does that mean when functional motherboards are on sale in 2 months I could purchase one of those and then send the faulty one back to my supplier, or does the delay between the fault being announced and my sending the product back affect my rights?