Leaking brand new door

whoopsadaisy

Aug 23, 2012
A year ago we had a new front door fitted by a well know company who still advertise on national TV. Since then we have had nothing but problems with leakage. When it rains the hall carpet is soaked through and now needs replacing. To make matters worse the locking mechinism failed and we found ourselves locked in the house until a locksmith came round and let us out! The company have been out seven times to try and fix the problem. We have asked for some compensation for the cost of replacing the carpets and they have refused saying they are not responsible for any 'consequential damage' Can this be true? Would we be within our rights to have the carpet replaced and to send them the bill? I would be very grateful for any advice, thank you.

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
i hope it isnt with a company whose initials are AW as ive placed a large order with them for 3 new doors and window.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
A year ago we had a new front door fitted by a well know company who still advertise on national TV. Since then we have had nothing but problems with leakage. When it rains the hall carpet is soaked through and now needs replacing. To make matters worse the locking mechinism failed and we found ourselves locked in the house until a locksmith came round and let us out! The company have been out seven times to try and fix the problem. We have asked for some compensation for the cost of replacing the carpets and they have refused saying they are not responsible for any 'consequential damage' Can this be true? Would we be within our rights to have the carpet replaced and to send them the bill? I would be very grateful for any advice, thank you.
If the fault is down to them, the product or the fitting, then you can claim for consequential damage. This is as per the SOGA and Law of Contract.