Marks & Spencers "out of stock"

jules357

Feb 2, 2011
Hi there - just wondering if anyone knows where I stand on this? I purchased a bed from M&S online, the item was on special offer (reduced from around £1000 to about £300), I received confirmation emails for the order and to confirm the item was on it's way. Payment was also taken from my credit card. I also received a couple of message on my answerphone to say they were trying to contact me to arrange delivery. I rang them a couple of days ago and they told me the item was out of stock and order has to be cancelled and money refunded. The problem I have with this is that the item is still available on theire website (Albany bed) - I think they've had too many orders at the reduced price and so decided to put it back up to full price. I'll be speaking to am M&S manager on Friday. Does anyone know where I stand?
Thanks in advance

walters83

Oct 27, 2010
To be honest, i understand your frustration but i don't really think there's anything you can do about it. By this i mean by getting the item you wanted, if the item is out of stock then there isn't anything Marks & Spencer's can do.

That's the bad news. The good news is that because you have an appointment to see the Manager i would have thought if you explain your frustration and anger and not keeping up to date with purchases online (and kick up a big stink) you could be reimbursed with vouchers or a gift card or whatever to keep you happy so you keep shopping at Marks and Spencer's.

Although this doesn't really help you in your purchase, i would have thought that Marks and Spencer's will do whatever they can to keep you happy.

Let me know how it goes anyway!