Monkey38 Ltd - Rip Off Removals & Storage Company

MooLou

Nov 10, 2017
We contracted Monkey38 Ltd to store the contents of our house and deliver our belongings to our new address at a later date. Since making all arrangements and paying for the agreed service, the director/owner of Monkey38 Ltd, Mr Timothy John Hardiman has done a runner! The premises have been locked following an apparent visit by the bailiff, phone lines have been disconnected and nobody is responding to emails. Companies House have initiated the dissolution of Monkey38 Ltd and in the meantime we don't know whether our property is safe, secure or if we'll even see it again. I've reported this situation to Trading Standards and The Insolvency Service who told me that Mr Hardiman has done this before and he has "history". If ever you see the name Timothy John Hardiman associated with a company....AVOID IT!!! Is anyone else experiencing the same problems accessing their property that Monkey38 Ltd was storing? Our solicitor is handling this for us, but we just want the contents of our house!!!

PeterBee

Nov 11, 2017
Hi MooLou
It's PeterB here - refer to MSE Forum.
As I said there, we're in exactly the same boat. Tim Hardiman of Monkey 38 came highly recommended and we had no idea he'd 'done a runner' previously.
Like you we are doing all we can to try and retrieve our property but, at this point in time, it's not looking good!
WATCH THIS SPACE!

MooLou

Nov 10, 2017
Hi MooLou
It's PeterB here - refer to MSE Forum.
As I said there, we're in exactly the same boat. Tim Hardiman of Monkey 38 came highly recommended and we had no idea he'd 'done a runner' previously.
Like you we are doing all we can to try and retrieve our property but, at this point in time, it's not looking good!
WATCH THIS SPACE!
Good luck PeterB. I've asked The Insolvency Service to investigate Timothy Hardiman's business practice. He shouldn't be allowed to do this again. I don't know whereabouts in the country you are or where your property is stored, but a solicitor will be able to find out who owns the building and contact them. That's what's happening with us right now.

PeterBee

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks MooLou

We live in London but a lot of our belongings are stored in the Warehouse at Lincoln. We are in the process of selling our house and will soon be relocating to the Grantham area - hence storing them with Monkey38 who came highly recommended.
Looks like we're going to have a pretty empty new house if we are unable to collect our property. Presumably Tim Hardimen will have already sold them to raise capital 'cos surely ownership of the same cannot simply transfer to him, or to Monkey38, thus becoming assets to be sold off by the Administrators??!!!

Good luck with your endeavours - leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth to think that one may never see one's personal belongings again - it's worse than being burgled 'cos they were entrusted to Hardiman's care and we (presumably like you) have been paying monthly storage charges for him to provide safe custody of them.

MooLou

Nov 10, 2017
Hi PeterBee
Our solicitor has said that selling any of the property in storage would be against the law and the police have told us the same thing. We were advised by Lincolnshire police to keep an eye on sites such as EBay for items unique to us just in case they do turn up for sale in the open market. We have been told by a former employee of Monkey38 Ltd and also by another removals firm in the area that the crates of property in the Lincoln warehouse are still there. Admittedly this isn't guaranteed, but we were slightly reassured by this all the same. The police will get involved if this turns out not to be the case. We have heard that the bailiffs took whatever assets they legally could, including the forklift truck. So on the basis that all property being stored is still there, it's a case of getting access via the building owner/landlord and then getting a forklift truck in there. Our solicitor has contacted the building owner and we're waiting to hear back. I have been in touch with Lincolnshire police who, if required, will investigate this should it become a criminal matter.

PeterBee

Nov 11, 2017
Hi MooLou
Thanks so much for outlining your experiences so far - I'm somewhat gratified by what you have said overall - I rather hoped it might be the case but have got used to always thinking the worst in similar scenarios!
My brother, who lives in Grantham, is going along to the Monkey38 premises one day next week to see the lay of the land, so to speak - I'll post his findings accordingly.
Incidentally, being a newbee, not certain if it's forum etiquette to give one's private contact details ('phone/e-mail, etc) but if it is OK I have no problem in so doing if you would like to share info that perhaps we/you do not want in the public domain. Ciao and thanks, again.

MooLou

Nov 10, 2017
Hi PeterBee
I have sent you a private message via the MSE forum site. Please log into there.
Cheers for now!

Rynn_2

Nov 24, 2021
That's why when I need to move things to another house, I use the service of this removal company https://www.alexandersgroup.co.uk, because my best friend works there, who will never deceive me. And I wish you good luck on the ships! But I think that most likely you will be able to sue Mr. Timothy John Hardiman for all the money and things that he wanted to steal from you, because, as you said, you have a contract in which everything should be provided for. So fight to the end, and I think you will win in court, and this guy will be put in jail, preferably for a long time! It's not the first time I've heard how such firms deceive people.