Monster Cables Warranty Claim

XPT

Nov 4, 2014
Hello,

I have recently had to send back a pair of Earphones manufactured by Monster Cables under the product's "Unlimited Lifetime Warranty" service due to one of the "monitors" (or speaker units) malfunctioning.

The RMA process went smoothly, and I received my replacement in the mail late last week. The replacement is a fairly cheaper version (certainly at the time of purchase anyway) which doesn't have the inline volume controls and such.

Upon contacting them to ask why I had not been sent a different (albeit slightly) product from the one I posted back to them without being notified prior to them dispatching it, I got this reply:

"Apologies this occurred because the control talk version has been discontinued and is no longer in production. This is the closet model we have to your returned defective product

Kind regards

AMD"

My question is whether I am entitled to some form of partial refund approximately equal to the original difference in price between the two models? Or whether I just have to accept this replacement regardless?

I read a few articles I thought were relevant on this site before posting, so apologies if I'm covering something that should be obvious or has existing information available to help me.

Thank you