My DFS Experience my Complaint

Colin111

Jan 1, 2018
I write with complaint with regards to the appalling disrespectful, unlawful and unprofessional manner in which we were treated in your Sidcup store.

On 26th December 2017 my wife and myself visited your Sidcup store.
We chose a corner suite on finance, completed the relevant finance paperwork with Creations Finance.

We were clearly told by Sana Khan, when asked, that the finance had all gone through.

We left the shop.

A couple of days later I, Mr White, received a telephone call from Sana Khan saying the finance with Creations had been rejected, and could I come into the store to sign further paperwork with another finance provider Barclays. that had been approved.

I informed Sana Kham that I was at work and not able to discuss the matter and would come into the store at the weekend.

On 31st December 2017 I returned to the store with my wife.

We explained to Sana Khan that as the original finance had been declined we did not want to go ahead with another finance company, that we had not given our permission to apply to another finance company and that we did not want to affect our credit rating.

We said that we wanted a refund for the £100 deposit we had paid.

Sana Khan said that only the store manager was able to give a refund and went to get his assistance.

I informed the manger that we wanted a refund, that we had not given permission for another finance company to be used that we have a 14 day cooling off period , that Sana Khan had quite clearly told us that the finance had gone through.
Sana Khan denied saying that the finance had gone through.
Let it be clear, Sana Khan unmistakably said that the finance had all gone through.

The manager took over, and the first line of dishonesty was to say that we could not have our deposit back and it was non refundable.
We asked him to show us where on any documents where this is stated.
He could not, as this is untrue.
The manager then swiftly used another excuse, which was to say that the sofa had already been made, and had left China. on Boxing Day!
It is very apparent that this is truly dishonest. Your company state that all sofas are made to order. There is absolutely no way a corner suite could be made and been shipped on the same day it had been ordered, being Boxing Day.
Totally dishonest!

We asked the manager to show us the documentation, to back up his story that the suite had been made and left China.
His feeble response was to say he couldn't , as everything is digital

Even digital records can be viewed.
Again. Dishonest.

We continued to ask for a refund. The manager said he wasn't going to give us a refund. and that we were wasting out time.

It was clearly evident that the manger was trying to force us to leave the store without any confirmation of our visit to the store to get a refund, trying to stall for time, in the hope that the 14 day cool of period would pass!

My wife informed the manager that she would be phoning our solicitor, whom we had preciously sought legal advise from, and that the Company had £100 of our money and that we had no goods. The option would be to take goods to the value of , if the refund process wasn't started.
The manger then made up another excuse that only head office could issue a refund, and that they were unlikely to issue a refund,

It would seem that there is many lines of dishonest tactics to avoid giving customers a refund!

My wife then said that the only option was to take goods to the value of.

My wife brought 2 items over to the myself and the manager and said if a refund wasn't issued then we would be use the £100 deposit to purchase these,

There were two other customers talking to a salesperson.
The manger then shouted very loud," You are stealing those items. I'm calling the police".

My wife then informed the other customers of the situation, and to be wary of any potential purchase.

My wife then sat down again with the items on the sofa.
The manger then sat down again.
I explained that we were entitled to a refund under the Sale of Goods Act and Consumer Act, that I had spent many years in senior retail management and was well aware of my rights, and the lengths taken to clinch a sale.

My wife said to the manager that we would not be leaving without a refund.
The manager then rudely told my that he wasn't talking to her and that he wasn't interested in what she had to say.
Every time my wife spoke , he interrupted and repeated this over and over.
This is an appalling and demoralizing way to treat anyone!

My wife then said to the manager that she wasn't prepared to sit along side someone with such negative energy and that she was going to another part of the store to make a call to our solicitor.

Upon her return she informed the manager that he was to put in writing that we had come into the store today and asked for a refund.

The manager then said he didn't have any company paper to write this on!

How utterly ridiculous!

Again we said we would not be leaving without this in writing.

All we eventually received was a compliment slip hand written, available on request.

We requested a refund on 26th December 2017 we want a refund!

I am filled with disgust with the lengths your staff will go to lie and manipulate the situation to bully customers into going through with a sale.

We are entitled to a refund

We did NOT give permission for finance to be sought from another company

The stress and upset has brought on Alopecia, and my wife is losing hair!

I want an immediate refund Or I will be taking legal action