No Response to a complaint

LCa

Nov 10, 2011
I recently received a jumper from Select for my birthday, I tried to return it a week later as it didnt fit right. It was one day over a very stingy 14day returns policy (all I was asking for was store credit) 3 members of staff refused to budge on this policy- I was only 21 hours over...
I emailed an initial complaint that I was unsatisfied with the outcome and the attitude of the staff. They say they aim to respond within 5 days but 2 weeks later I'd heard nothing. I then wrote a letter to their head office, another 2 weeks later I've heard nothing back.
Are they not legally obliged to respond to complaints? I dont know where to take it from here!
Very frustrated, any input would be appreciated :confused:

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Companies generally have 8 weeks to respond to a complaint, not sure where you'd take this one if you're not satisfied tho, a lot of companies will extend their returns policy for gifts and many of the chains are now providing gift receipts, seems a bit off that they're sticking so rigidly to this policy.

Strange how, in such challenging times companies are so willing to throw away future custom.