Non transferable warranty

szczuri

Aug 26, 2020
Hi.
I bought a JTX Fitness Rowing machine on gumtree that is still under warranty. After one month I have problem with computer and a cracking seat track . I wrote an email to the producer and got a reply:
"I'm afraid none of our machines are offered with a transferable warranty, we can supply parts for second hand machines and offer support but any engineer visits or parts would be at cost."
There is nothing about non transferable warranty on their website.
" Our warranties are registered automatically when you buy, there is no admin required or warranty registration forms to fill in. Your warranty is active from the moment you receive your machine and there are no hidden terms or conditions. You can be sure you are completely covered by our comprehensive home-use warranty."
What can I do in this situation. The previous owner bought it from producer on amazon and gave me order number and date of purchase.

Helly

Feb 10, 2020
The warranty is a contract between the original buyer and the company unless it says it is transferable. You could sell it back to the original purchaser for £1 and ask them to get it repaired at your home if they are amenable to that.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I am not sure you can transfer it back... and as they now know that the ownership has changed this probably wouldn't work.

Reactions: Helly